Daredevil on Netflix is getting great reviews

Daredevil tomorrow, and Game of Thrones sunday. Ahhh, cant wait.

I am going to wait on Game of Thrones till the season is done, I can only binge watch TV series now ( I blame Netflix ) and the season is only 10 episodes long so not too long to wait.

Definitely a good weekend for TV. I'll be jumping into Daredevil tomorrow and watching every episode of Game of Thrones pretty close to live. HBO doesn't have commercials so I don't mind starting right away. On top of that I always end up hearing spoilers for that show if I don't watch on Sunday night.

If Daredevil ever did a crossover with Marvel Agents of Shield,it would severely have to tone itself down,because it's like it could be on HBO,minus the full frontal nudity. It most definitely is not a show for the kids to watch. It is a very adult oriented show for a Marvel series.

I ended up watching the first four episodes tonight. It doesn't feel like Marvel but I really like it. I kind of forget it's part of the Marvel universe until they make vague references to the aftermath of The Avengers movie. The tone is very different but I think this still stands up well on its own.

I ended up watching the first four episodes tonight. It doesn't feel like Marvel but I really like it. I kind of forget it's part of the Marvel universe until they make vague references to the aftermath of The Avengers movie. The tone is very different but I think this still stands up well on its own.
If you haven't already seen it,wait until they make a vague reference to a "man in an iron suit" or a man "with a hammer."

I'm 3 1/2 episodes in, and I got to tell you, it's difficult to commit to further. At best, a very SLOW burn. What strikes me most the the LABOURIOUS violence! Plodding. Not an enjoyable watch. Think I'm done.

It's a shame that the X-men belong to Fox & not Disney,otherwise someone would have made a reference about how Daredevil doesn't heal like Wolverine.probably the first time Claire stitched him up.

After watching the second episode, I had to read about how they filmed the main fight scene, it was all done in one take, amazing work of choreography for a TV series, it makes all the action stuff on shows like Arrow ( which I do watch and like) look so fake.

All the sound is great in DD+, the sides/rears really come alive.

I finished it last night and was very impressed. It felt like a 13 hour movie, and the last episode was fantastic.

Next up? AKA Jessica Drew

I'm 3 1/2 episodes in, and I got to tell you, it's difficult to commit to further. At best, a very SLOW burn. What strikes me most the the LABOURIOUS violence! Plodding. Not an enjoyable watch. Think I'm done.
I'm sorry, but I have to disagree. This has been excellent to watch. It is so much more grounded in reality than the rest of the MU (to the extent that a "blind" vigilante can be considered grounded in reality). The gritty fights are what I imagine things would actually be like and very much in fitting with the character. The whole guilty and self questioning of morality is also very striking. They did a very good job of fleshing out the characters and avoiding the black and white or right and wrong dichotomy. Two thumbs up.

I'm sorry, but I have to disagree. This has been excellent to watch. It is so much more grounded in reality than the rest of the MU (to the extent that a "blind" vigilante can be considered grounded in reality). The gritty fights are what I imagine things would actually be like and very much in fitting with the character. The whole guilty and self questioning of morality is also very striking. They did a very good job of fleshing out the characters and avoiding the black and white or right and wrong dichotomy. Two thumbs up.
I did end up watching all of it. By about the 5th ep, I began to like...kind of finally got off center. So, my mind was changed. However, I do think the violence was pushing the envelope...and I never thought I would hear myself say that.

Last edited:
I'm about 8 or 9 episodes in and I really like the show. I don't really mind the violence either. These are supposed to be bad guys and they are going to do bad things.

The series may have more violence than a PG13 Marvel movie, but it is about the same or less violence than a HBO or AMC series. I finish the season and I actually found the "bad" guys more likeable. At the end I am kind of cheering for Fisk.

The series may have more violence than a PG13 Marvel movie, but it is about the same or less violence than a HBO or AMC series. I finish the season and I actually found the "bad" guys more likeable. At the end I am kind of cheering for Fisk.
I think it's a function of how well rounded they tried to make the characters.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)