dark stripe on plasma screen

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

dmmedina

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jul 18, 2006
South Texas
Hello,

I have a PHILIPS 42 inch plasma, the screen has one large horizontal dark line, it is like a stripe that is about 2 3 inches wide on the top third of the screen. When changing channels before picture comes back and the screen is dark you can notice it, then when image comes you can barely see it. When the picture gets dark you can notice it is still there.

Here is the kicker, when I turn on the TV before it detects the signal I see no dark stripe, also when changing inputs on TV there is no dark line, just when signal is detected. I have tried different RCA cables with no change.

Some more info, I have a SD picture coming from normal RCA cables from VCR. It is a dish signal.

Any clues or help would be really apreciated.

Last edited:
Ive also got a 42inch Philips plasma, and have a similar issue, except mine is a thin blue sparkley line that runs verticle on the right hand side of the screen. Now i have been in touch with Philips because my TV is still under warranty, and if they cant find someone close enough to fix the issue they said they would exchange the tv for a new one. So if you still have a warranty, i suggest contacting Philips.;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts