Darn motors

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

northgeorgia

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Nov 14, 2011
North GA
Why can't these H-H motors go out on a nice sunny day? Invariably, they always get glitches for me late at night in the rain. Works perfectly, but refuses to move further west than 119W. Will have to reset it tomorrow at the dish I guess.

No motor problems but I've had 2 lnbfs to go in the last 10days! Mostly age and the heat I suppose, one was a cheapo but the other was from a Direcway satellite dish, I would've thought that one to outlast all the others. And it went out yesterday before all the thunderstorms we got today (Wed). At least the dishes still stand, haha.

Speaking of the monsoon season (compared to the drought last year) here in the South, what is a good way to protect the coax/connectors on the motor and lnbf from moisture? I have those little silicone things that come with the lnbfs, but they are no match for the wind and rain down here. I'd like to still have easy access to remove the coax to switch out lnbf, do testing with a short coax and receiver at the dish, etc., so I can't do anything too permanent.

By the way, my motor is moving along fine now after an early morning (before the rain returns) reset.

Use a dab of dielectric silicone grease inside the f-fitting before installing and a liberal coating on the exterior before sliding the boot over the fitting.

Water and moisture cannot enter and it is easily wiped off before servicing the equipment.

I used to use rubber tape, but too much of a hassle to remove and reapply to access the fittings.

emphasis on dielectric Silicone Grease.
Just that I had someone, BITD, ask the same question. When I did a service call for them, some time later, found that all fittings were glued together with RTV silicone. What a mess.

Why can't these H-H motors go out on a nice sunny day? Invariably, they always get glitches for me late at night in the rain. Works perfectly, but refuses to move further west than 119W. Will have to reset it tomorrow at the dish I guess.
That is a bummer! Or you could have one like mine. Let it set for two days and it doesn't want to move. I have to "wiggle" it to come back to life. "Wiggle" means try to move it to a sat East of it and then to one West of it. Finally it will move.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)