Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
You might have noticed we were slow or down this morning and you might have also got a screen telling you we were offline.

Earlier today we had an issue with our server and both Ler and Myself restarted the database server, which seemed to clear the issue. However in poking around at a few threads I noticed somethings were not working correctly so I took down the site and did a few checks and repairs on our database.

You might notice as your reading this that the search feature is not working correctly, this is because I am currently rebuilding our search index. It will be back to normal in a few hours.

We work hard here at SatelliteGuys to make sure you have a fast experiance everytime you visit and we appologize for the downtime and slowness you may have had.

We have our fingers crossed that this issue is now behind us.

Thanks for your understanding and patience!

Or reindexing of the search database is still running, so far about 200,000 of 800,000 posts have been reindexed.

Its going to take awhile. :)

Now up to over 300,000 posts in our reindex. :)

Please remember that reindexing is a server intensive function so it may actually slow the server at bit as it gets to the higher messages.

OK the Search Engine has been completely reindexed.

All should now be running again (and hopefully thats the end of this issue) :)

Same here. Got the dreaded "Network Error" message along with a few timed outs.

Oh that correct, I just checked my calendar and it says in Bold Letters on it, Blame Ramy day. :)

Happy Blame Ramy Day!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts