Status
Not open for further replies.

John Corn

The Coach / Supporter
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 6, 2003
North Canton, Ohio.
The speculation is finally over in Cleveland for Butch Davis.

FOXSports.com has learned that Davis has resigned as head coach and head of football operations for the Browns today, just one week after the team announced he would not be fired this season. The Browns are adamant that they have not fired Davis but this is completely his decision.
Nearly two months ago the team decided to at the very least strip the Browns' top dog of his general manager duties — the two have since hired a head hunter to help owner Randy Lehrner and President John Collins do preliminary leg work on potential GM replacements.

The decision that Davis would be out as head coach after the year came soon after and nearly came to a head last Sunday night. However, no change was ultimately made — until today.

http://msn.foxsports.com/story/3204916

Unfortunately he is the first of the head coaches to fall in the next few weeks. I will be surprised if Miami's coach will last the season also.

bbqman said:
Unfortunately he is the first of the head coaches to fall in the next few weeks. I will be surprised if Miami's coach will last the season also.

Didn't Miami's coach quit/get fired weeks ago??? As for Butch Davis and the Browns, I can only say one thing...

GO STEELERS!

GRS1959 said:
Didn't Miami's coach quit/get fired weeks ago??? As for Butch Davis and the Browns, I can only say one thing...
Sorry, brain fa*t.:confused: I meant another team that resides on the other coast aka 49ers.

I hate starting over again. Five years back in the league and we are going on coach number 3. That is all on the front office. Now that everyone from the Al Learner era is gone is up to Randy to right this ship once and for all. Its his team, his hires, his people. The success of this team falls on him. Something tells me he'll succeed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)