Daylight Savings Time Problem on 721

keith crocker

Original poster
Jun 9, 2004
My DVR721 has not adjusted to daylight savings time, so the clock in the channel guide is wrong. This causes any preset recordings to be off...the box starts an hour early.

I have restarted the receiver twice, but the time will not adjust. Is there a way to manually set the time on the receiver so it is correct?

I have the same problem. I called Dish twice and the second time talked to advanced tech support. I was told that they have been having problems with the 721's. The tech also told me that I need to wait 24 hours. It has been over 24 hours now and when I left home this morning, the time was still wrong. My recordings were ok, however, because the guide matched the time on the receiver. Hope they get this fixed soon.

Well, the problem persists

The problem has remained with my 721 box today, and it still displays a time that is one hour later than it should be. Although the program guide has shifted to make everything appear to come on an hour late (so, for example, the 6 o'clock news is listed as starting at 7), this only helps with new recordings (so, for example, if I want to record the 6 o'clock news, I tell it to start at 7 and then it starts went the receiver thinks it is 7, although it is really only 6) not with presets (where it will start to record when the receiver thinks it is 6, when it is really 5).

So, do I wait around and hope dish fixes this problem, or do I change all my preset recording times...only to have dish fix the problem, and then they will all be wrong and I'll have to switch them back?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)