KE4EST

SatelliteGuys Is My Second Home
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 9, 2004
EM75xb
Well it is now 3:03 am....My dishnet receiver, computer and cellphone went from 1:59 to 3:00am with no problems.
I wasn't worried but I know people that were. So no problems here.

However it looks like from the time stamp on this post that the Satguys, clock jumped backward instead of moving forward.

Thanks Tony...

its been over a half hour since the time change and my verizon phone has yet to update. Everything else seems to have gone flawlessly

My phone is Verizon, and it went with no problem. It depends on the tower you are getting a signal off of though. If they have changed it.

My PC, clock didn't change , so I manually changed it this morning, I looked at a while ago, it has changed back , oh well, I know what time it is anyway.

My PC, clock didn't change , so I manually changed it this morning, I looked at a while ago, it has changed back , oh well, I know what time it is anyway.

Same here (with the PC).

I keep my cell phone on at all hours (it is rarely ever turned off) but noticed this morning that it didn't change with the new time. The phone is a Sony Ericsson W300i through Cingular wireless. Rather than call Cingular about the issue, I decided to just switch the phone off and turn the power back on after a few moments. When I did, it searched for a signal FOREVER (I'm in a rural area), but when it found the signal, it changed the time accordingly.

Cade

When you receive a phone call it should update the time for you.

I was on my EPG on the 522 this morning right at 3 AM and it changed right then and so did all the shows that previously showed that they were going to air an hour earlier but I noticed an issue with the timers. Some did not show that they were going to fire AT ALL and I had to redo some timers while others were showing up to fire TWICE - the hour before and during the show. Wow, it got so screwed up. Everything looks fine today though, it must have gotten really confused and I do not see any duplicate timers with the ones I recreated.

Both PC clocks changed. The atomic clock changed.
But had to manually adjust alarm clocks that were programmed for the normal daylight time switch. They will move forward an hour in three weeks and I'll have to turn them back. Had to manually reset the answering machine, the fax, the light timers, the thermostat, and my watches.

Hey, we give E* grief all the time, but they got this one right. nary a glitch or missed timer. Bravo.

This is in direct opposition to my old Dishplayer days when we put on flak jackets and wore rubber gloves to pick up the remote in the week before and after the change.... SEVERAL reboots were often needed to fix things, and that 20 minute EPG download didn't help matters...

Verizon has a tech note that with a cell phone you need to power it down and back up again for the time to correct itself. With a PDA you need to install a Microsoft update cab to the phone but this is somewaht buggy as it updates your clock but not your calendar of appointments. You'll need to adjust all those manually. :( Leave it to MS to do a job half assed.

Verizon has a tech note that with a cell phone you need to power it down and back up again for the time to correct itself. With a PDA you need to install a Microsoft update cab to the phone but this is somewaht buggy as it updates your clock but not your calendar of appointments. You'll need to adjust all those manually. :( Leave it to MS to do a job half assed.

Was about to post about the similar thing. My local paper had a spill about it, if your cell does not auto fix its self power down and then back on.

Like a another said I hardley ever turn off my Cell phone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)