Daylight Savings?

Weezknight

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 10, 2006
Philly 'Burbs, PA
Anyone know if the new Daylight Savings Time adjustments are going to mess with our DVR's? I know several articles I've read stated that without updates a lot of the TiVO units will be off by 1-hour (at least for 3 weeks) due to the new DST laws.

I'm wondering if E* has addressed this, or am I going to have to be extra cautious when planning my recordings after March 11?

Many of the Dish receivers have already downloaded software which updates the DST software for this change. Others will get the updates before March 1st rolls around.

Great news. Thanks Scott.

I'm in an industry where this is causing massive headaches. But it's not my fault if the traffic signals in your area suddenly go screwy...blame Washington D.C.

Anyone know if the new Daylight Savings Time adjustments are going to mess with our DVR's? I know several articles I've read stated that without updates a lot of the TiVO units will be off by 1-hour (at least for 3 weeks) due to the new DST laws.

I'm wondering if E* has addressed this, or am I going to have to be extra cautious when planning my recordings after March 11?

Based on my moving from Colorado to Florida last year and recently to North Dakota (never work for large medical corporationss!!!), I would not even consider this an issue!!

Has anyone ever set the time on their IRD? No, because Dish send the time signal down the stream based on your address. Most cable companies do this as well...

So unless Dish forgets to update their systems, the time change in March to Daylight and back in the late fall should be a non-issue!

Yes I am sure dish is well informed of this. If not they are now.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)