Daystar reappears on Dish?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

jegrant

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 5, 2005
Seems like Daystar is listed in the chart at Dish Channel Chart now, on 263, but not visible to subscribers at this time. Interestingly, this is right next to Angel One on 262.

Could this be part of a "new deal" between SA* and E*? SA* allowing E* to bring back Daystar, in exchange for E*'s help resolving the 3-channel outage and possibly other benefits ?

(I doubt E* will try to count it as a PI channel this time around, but you never know. Daystar probably can afford to pay full price to be on E*, as they seem to charge their programmers a pretty penny. I think they could still trade "must carry" of all their local stations as part of the compensation, provided Dish isn't counting them as PI.)

Effective 5:00 pm ET on Thursday, May 18, 2006, DISH Network will have launched the national Daystar feed on channel 263.

Daystar: With an extensive blend of interdenominational and multi-cultural programming, Daystar is committed to producing and providing quality television that will reach our viewers, refresh their lives, and renew their hearts.

The updated information regarding the station is:

Station:
DYSTR

DISH Network Channel:

Satellite:

Intersting since Dish & SkyAngel were in a lawsuit which resulted in Daystar being removed from Dish.

I wonder if the 3 missing channels on SA were part of Dish's negotiating tactic?

Since Sky Angel's three missing channels are not returning any time soon, it makes you wonder what is going on here. I thought for sure that Daystar returning to Dish was a good sign that Sky Angel and Dish had worked out a solution. My thinking was that Sky Angel gave Dish permission to have a national Daystar so Dish wouldn't need to carry the local Daystar channels and Sky Angel got a new transponder to bring back the missing channels. I guess things couldn't be that simple.

Last edited:
I got a gut feeling that Skyangel allowed e* to bring back daystar in hopes that they would allow 3 channel spaces on 61.5 for uplinking of the 3 missing channels, with all the LIL that has left 61.5 there is plenty of room for 3 channels =/

Guess according to the latest release on SA website, they wont be bringing back the channels.
-Matt

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)