[Traxis] DBS 3500 down

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

lazyfarmer

Original poster
Nov 11, 2008
I have not used this old receiver for a while. Went into the menu with password and accidently pressed Delete All.
Screen is some menu I can't make out.Scrolling from top to bottom. Black and white. Did I erase the software or
affect the firmware. Serial number is 0512K00959. Is the proper load for this receiver for this receiver somewhere?
Thank you in advance.

I'm not familiar with that receiver but it sounds like it may have switched to PAL instead of NTSC format. Look for a button on the remote or the box labeled format, maybe video, or something like that, press it a few times and see if the picture straightens out.

I'm assuming that you're in the U.S., it could be the other way around if you're not, switched to NTSC instead of PAL.

Last edited:
I have not used this old receiver for a while. Went into the menu with password and accidently pressed Delete All.
Screen is some menu I can't make out.Scrolling from top to bottom. Black and white. Did I erase the software or
affect the firmware. Serial number is 0512K00959. Is the proper load for this receiver for this receiver somewhere?
Thank you in advance.
*** The manual for the 3500 shows rescue : If you can see the menu, you want to try to select the TV System submenu (use channel up/down button on remote to select it in the System Menu screen) If you can do that, select NTSC from the listed choices by using volume +/- buttons on remote. If you try to reload the firmware, you have to be sure to pick the correct one, if I remember right, it varied depending on the serial number of the receiver. Later models of the 3500 were a bit different from the earlier ones.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)