DBS Stacked LNB and DP Separator

Status
Please reply by conversation.

sparky01

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Nov 2, 2008
North Liberty IN
I have a DBS stacked LNB on my channel master and I do not have a DP34 switch. I heard that I need a DP34 switch for it to get pols Ver and Hor. Could I use a DP Separator to make it work? The input port on the DP Separator would go to the LNB and the port 1 will be connected to port 1 on my DiSEqc 4X1 switch and port 2 will be connected to port 2 on the switch and I will have a legacy dual LNB connected to port 3 on the switch for 110.0W. Will this work?

I don't think that will work. DP34 and DP separators are made for dish network receivers. I think a DP34 can be used with FTA stuff as a Diseqc switch but it sounds like you already have one. Which FTA sat are you trying to get and what kind of receiver do you have?

I will have a legacy dual LNB connected to port 3 on the switch for 110.0W. Will this work?

+
trying to get Echostar 119.0W on an nFusion NOVA receiver.

What exactly are you trying to receive on 110 and 119 with your nfusion? All the programming on those 2 satellites is scrambled, except for a few barker channels and NASA.

I like the grocery store music on 110.0W on channel 9900 and I also like the NASA channel on 119.0W.

NASA is on 12370V so you don't need to worry about the band-stacked LNBF for it. Just set the LO to 11250 and all the vertical/right polarities will just work.

I don't know which transponder on 110 is grocery store music, but if it is on vertical or right polarity again you don't have to worry about band-stacking.

The DP seperator is to bring both the 110/119 feeds from the dish to both tuners on a Dish Network dual tuner reciever like the 322 or 622 on one cable. It installs in the house just before the receiver. I don't think it will work the other way around, can't hurt to try. If it works, let us know. We have found many non standard ways of using dn stuff for FTA.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)