Dcii

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

rlariv

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Sep 18, 2006
Does DCII on K band or C band have FTA channels ? When I look at lyngsat.com, the FTA page says so... I thought DCII was all encrypted ? If there is FTA - then what recvr gets you DCII ? and can I get one recvr for DCII / Analog and DVB ?

Curious

DCII doesn't have what is refered to as FTA, but it has a few (very few) ITC (in the clear) channels. A 4dtv receiver gets DCII and analog, but it will not get DVB (mpeg2) signals. A DVB receiver will not get analog or DCII signals. You will need 2 separate receivers to handle both DCII (with analog) and FTA.

Al

Does DCII on K band or C band have FTA channels ? When I look at lyngsat.com, the FTA page says so... I thought DCII was all encrypted ? If there is FTA - then what recvr gets you DCII ? and can I get one recvr for DCII / Analog and DVB ?

Curious

There are a few channels in the clear on 4dtv but not much, 4dtv is more a subscription based receiver, it is worth it to have, and great if you sub so you will be counted in the big dish subscriber numbers, slaving a dvb receiver to a 4dtv is easy and well worth it, for me a good system includes a 4dtv a c/ku feed and a dvb receiver, like this you can subscribe to the programming that interests you on 4dtv, you will get free feeds on both receivers, and be able to surf the sky feed hunting on c-band and ku-band analog, DCII and DVB.

And no you will need a 4dtv for analog and DCII digital, and a DVB receiver for dvb feeds.

How to slave dvb to 4dtv:
http://www.dmsiusa.com/add_a_receiver.htm

Last edited:
There are a few commercial receivers that will do both DVB and DCII, but unless you want to spend alot of money, your better off sticking with a 4dtv receiever. Commercial receivers are very costly, very difficult to use, and cannot be subscribed to any programming by a home user.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)