Dct 3416

psangabriel

Original poster
Feb 27, 2006
I didn't know the 3416 was available by comcast (in PG county, MD)... until i received one because my 6412 seemed to have died on me...

anyways, has anyone received any problems using the HDMI interface with any of the boxes? I remember hearing about the HDMI not working and having to use the Component Cables until a new firmware was available...

I just had a problem using the HDMI to my Pioneer elite 74vxti then from my pioneer to my TV using HDMI to DVI cable... the box or my TV said that "the settop box isn't enabled to received protected content" or something similar...

any thoughts anyone? Thanks in advance.

Your working firmware will not allow you to use a receiver in between. You will need to use component cables until your head end is ready to download the newer code.

I have a 3412 and use the HDMI interface to a HDMI switch. It works fine, but after the firmware upgrade late last year, I do get a few issues. The TV will just blank out. If I turn the TV on and off, it will go back to normal. Doesn't happen very often, but it does appear to be an issue with the new firmware.

These boxes have known HDMI issues when not hooked directly to the TV. Apparently the pass-through device or switch is part of the problem as it's not passing through the HDCP handshake.

I don't know about switching related issues, but I have both tthe 6412 and the 3416. I could upgrade my other box to 3416, but I find it very loud (hard drive spin) so I amwaiting for something else.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts