De La Hoya Interview: Protected SPAM on 622

I have a 3 minute Locked Interview in My Recordings SD... De La Hoya talking about his upcoming fight...deletable though after you unprotect... Spam ;)

I just noticed that. I don't really care about them sending the video but am a little miffed that they locked it to try to force the viewer to watch it. That's a little over the top.

I have a 3 minute Locked Interview in My Recordings on my 622 - SD... De La Hoya talking about his upcoming fight...deletable though after you unprotect... Spam ;)

I watched it and just deleted it after without having to unprotect it. Are you saying without watching it you can not delete it without unprotecting it? If so, that is not very nice of DishNetwork.

I watched it and just deleted it after without having to unprotect it. Are you saying without watching it you can not delete it without unprotecting it? If so, that is not very nice of DishNetwork.

That's exactly what I'm saying. I went straight to "delete" and it prompted me for my code to unprotect it first. As I said, I don't really get my back up over this stuff - I just felt that's going a little too far to try to 'force' the viewer to see the video.

But I won't call my Congresswoman. :p

I had it too. I just went to delete and it was gone. Didn't watch it and it was protected. I don't have any kind of passwords or locks on my receiver though. Maybe that is why I could just delete it.

Oscar De La Who CARES!!!!! DISH, KNOCK IT OFF!!!!!
You have a special little area of the hard drive to put crap like that...an area I'm not allowed to use. Stay out of my area. <see me smiling when I say that?>

Protected SPAM in My Recordings!!

Ok, so it was only 3 minutes of my DVR space they used, but what gives? I found a protected event on my DVR recorded on channel 101 titled De La Hoya something. This IS SPAM, I thought the 622 had that protected (we can't use it) space for fake on demand stuff, now they have to spam me with a protected event using MY Recording space?

BOO E*!

I have a 3 minute Locked Interview in My Recordings on my 622 - SD... De La Hoya talking about his upcoming fight...deletable though after you unprotect... Spam ;)
I seen that in my recordings I just deleted it. I hate advertisements on my DVR. Now if your gonna send me something send me a free PPV movie. :)

I didn't watch it and I just deleted it. And I have my locks on. :D

Sorry for the dupe post... didn't see this thread... why is this in the HD thread? Did they waste 3 minutes of My Recording's HD space? That would actually be a lot of waste for a SPAM event!

Why did they put this in our normal DVR recording area and not in the TV Entertainment area, where they have put crap like this since L3.63 (you know, the SD crap that most of us don't ever watch!).

Spam Deleted. :rolleyes:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)