Deals For The VIP622 Or VIP722

Matthew M.

Original poster
Jul 24, 2005
Hello,

I have been a DISH Network subscriber since 2001 and I have finally decided to make the plunge into HDTV. During that time, I have been subscribed to the Top 250 with three 311's and a 510 DVR (which was installed in 2004) in the house. With my HDTV expected to arrive today, I would naturally like to subscribe to the HD programming. However, after talking to DISH, in order to purchase something like a VIP622 or VIP722, which you cannot lease apparently, it is going to cost at least in the $400-$500 range. Since there are also no offers for me listed on the Dish'n It Up feature on their site, is there any other way to purchase these receivers at a cheaper cost? I have been looking at eBay, but I am curious how safe that is with a lack of warranty, etc. Any advice on saving a little cash on these things is greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Should I Believe This?

Should I believe this one? I had to call a Dish CSR about an unrelated matter the other day but I just had to ask about my options for upgrades and I was surprised.

The opening of the call had changed slightly for me after they recognized my phone number. I used to be a "most valued customer". Now I am one of their "top customers". Can this have something about what I am about to say?

OK.. So I ask what kind of upgrade offer I can get to get a ViP722. I thought I would hear $199 then a $50 rebate 8 to 10 weeks later. What I was told was $149 up front then a $100 rebate 8 to 10 weeks later. Net $49.00.

This is without returning any receivers. I lease 1 ViP211 and own 1 ViP211, an 811 and a 301. I would then sell (most likely on eBay) either the 811 or 301. I would use the ViP722 to run 2 TV's.

The way I figure this is I would spend $49 for the receiver and my montly cost would go down about $5 because I would only be running 3 receivers to 4 TV's. Do I have this figured out correctly?

BTW.. The reason I called was because of something I never saw before when you go into your account on the web site. I saw it and was curious about old receivers attached to my account and found one I never even had. It was removed during to phone call.

Should I believe this one? I had to call a Dish CSR about an unrelated matter the other day but I just had to ask about my options for upgrades and I was surprised.

The opening of the call had changed slightly for me after they recognized my phone number. I used to be a "most valued customer". Now I am one of their "top customers". Can this have something about what I am about to say?

OK.. So I ask what kind of upgrade offer I can get to get a ViP722. I thought I would hear $199 then a $50 rebate 8 to 10 weeks later. What I was told was $149 up front then a $100 rebate 8 to 10 weeks later. Net $49.00.

This is without returning any receivers. I lease 1 ViP211 and own 1 ViP211, an 811 and a 301. I would then sell (most likely on eBay) either the 811 or 301. I would use the ViP722 to run 2 TV's.

The way I figure this is I would spend $49 for the receiver and my montly cost would go down about $5 because I would only be running 3 receivers to 4 TV's. Do I have this figured out correctly?

BTW.. The reason I called was because of something I never saw before when you go into your account on the web site. I saw it and was curious about old receivers attached to my account and found one I never even had. It was removed during to phone call.
The prices of late have been $149 -$100 for the 622 and $199-$100 for the 722. The CSR may have been quoting you the 622 price. And yes, your monthly fee calculation should be correct.

I am one of their "top customers" and have a replacement reciever at home to replace a 622. The one I am replacing has a minor problem and I thought about keeping the replacement so I would have two 622s. I called last week and was told the cost would be about $399. The cost is for a refurb and not a new one, so I think the cost should be much less than the price quoted. I don't feel like one of their top customers when they treat you like a brand new one.

I am one of their "top customers" and have a replacement reciever at home to replace a 622. The one I am replacing has a minor problem and I thought about keeping the replacement so I would have two 622s. I called last week and was told the cost would be about $399. The cost is for a refurb and not a new one, so I think the cost should be much less than the price quoted. I don't feel like one of their top customers when they treat you like a brand new one.
If you are going to buy it, that's the cost. If you were brand new you would be paying nothing to lease.

If you are going to buy it, that's the cost. If you were brand new you would be paying nothing to lease.

I know that, but as long term customer you would think they would give some incentives to retain. All companies are like that including Direct, but it seems that once they get their hooks into you there are no gimmees. I wouldn't even mind paying for another 622 but with a deep discount. I feel this is only fair to the customers who have stood by them for many years and continue to appreciate the service they give.

The prices of late have been $149 -$100 for the 622 and $199-$100 for the 722. The CSR may have been quoting you the 622 price. And yes, your monthly fee calculation should be correct.

Thanks for that KAB. I kept saying 722 numerous times over and over to make sure. That is why I am skeptical.

Then there are those who say they have never gotten their rebates. I really don't want to graduate from "top" customer to "top" a$$hole.

:rolleyes:

Thanks for that KAB. I kept saying 722 numerous times over and over to make sure. That is why I am skeptical.

Then there are those who say they have never gotten their rebates. I really don't want to graduate from "top" customer to "top" a$$hole.

:rolleyes:
Regarding rebates, mine never came after 15 weeks. Finally had to email the CEO, then they took care of it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)