Dear Dish... (The breakup letter)

I did. I compared price and channel guides and did Google searches Directv vs Dish Network and found on several sites, if you want Movies Dish if you want Sports-Direct. Dish also had the most channels I watch in HD. I have had E* since April 27, 2010.

Well when I originally signed up for Dish in 2003, there wasn't the satellite movement you see today and there weren't several sites to compare all the channels and especially sports offerings between the two dbs companies. After 6 years of lousy SD broadcasts of my hockey team and no access to my baseball team unless it was on a old guard national broadcasting company; I left to get their channels in full blown HD.

Realistically, if Dish had just made the agreements with MSG to obtain the HD broadcasts of my hockey team, I would still be with them today.

I’ve been with Dish / Echostar since the BUD days. My wife loved it when we got the small dish. I think that would be called a long time customer. I also believe the Dish hardware is the best available.

BUT, I’ve always had reservations about Dish / Echostar policies and business practices including a) telling us they were not adding HD channels because of “no compelling content”, b) buy this receiver / module and you’ll be able to receive all future HD, c) losing Distant Network Signals, d) losing channels without advance notice e) law suits that can / do effect customers service. I could go on but that’s enough to get the idea.

Even I am tired of Dish / Echostar treatment of its customers. I am in fact looking for alternate providers. In may wait for Fios to be available in my area or just go to Directv (even though I do not like their hardware).

After about 15 years with Charlie, simply put I feel enough is enough of Dish / Echostar policies, business practices and treatment of customers.

or just go to Directv (even though I do not like their hardware).

I felt the same way as you about Directv hardware but I signed up last week and I see no difference in the hardware. Fast and responsive HD receivers with lots of features. You could test some of their new receivers at a local Best Buy.

I felt the same way as you about Directv hardware but I signed up last week and I see no difference in the hardware. Fast and responsive HD receivers with lots of features. You could test some of their new receivers at a local Best Buy.

If you get the HR24 HDDVR, it is plenty fast from what I've seen and compares well to the Vip series. But not all get that one and D* doesn't guarantee any particular model and I can assure you, you would not have liked the other HR series HDDVRs at all. Dog slow isn't even good enough to describe how those operate.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)