Dear Nab, Directv and The Florda District Court

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

goaliebob99

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Aug 5, 2004
-.-. .... .. -.-. .- --. ---
Hi and greetings,

Today I lost my distant networks. Im a service member serving in Iraq. How much more distant can you get? While, my slingbox does keep me company on days that im not working and sometimes AFN (Armed Forces Network) just doesnt cut it, I want to know why are you cutting me off! I cant get ABC, NBC, CBS, FOX, or even the WC. I have tryed Satellite, I have tryed Over the Air, and even the internet. Still no ABC, NBC, CBS or Fox for me. WHile big corporations will pay people off, like Directv who is owned by Ruppert Murdoch who also owns Fox.... Wich the only company that refused to make any type of agreement with echostar.

Can you tell me today what im fighting for in this "civil war torn nation of iraq" All you can worry about is cutting distant networks off to thousands of people who should legally get them anyhow. Heck, Here in Iraq im free to read the Stars and Stripes, The Chicago Tribune, The New York Times among other publications, but yet when I do go back home to the states I cant watch NBC from Colorado Springs (where my wife is from) or NBC from New York. What is wrong with that? Hell, they show the same programming so what does it matter when I watch it or how I watch it. Oh, Yea thats right.

The Nab wants me to buy a car from Chicago instead of Colorado Springs. After all I might just find a better deal on the Bismark North Dakota's NBC channel. Do they even have an NBC? After all I have been keeping up with Greys Anatomy via Itunes. Now if NBC would offer My name is Earl on Itunes I would be even better. Notice, I dont watch any of Fox's programming. The reason for that is because I dont like it when the owner of a mutli billion dollar dynasty tells me what I can and cant watch so he can make a buck or two, but that is my choice to boycott Fox's Programming. Heck, thanks to George W. I'm not watching anyhow, but thats a separate topic together. What im getting at is it shouldnt matter what programming I watch, where I watch it and when I watch it and who I watch it from.

The bottom line here is Millions of people are loosing out on news from the home front as they would call it here or local ethnic programming from elsewhere. You see not everyone is from where they live. Hell, im not from Iraq but thats where im living now, in a trailer. So why dont we all mann up and do whats right.

Dissolve the NAB (I hope your listening congress and FCC) Create a bill of rights for satellite and cable customers so we can watch programming from anywhere we so desire. Its just like picking up the Chicago Tribune in NYC, the only difference is the means that the information is delivered is different. While where at it, why dont we change the whole world and bring us home as this place where I currently reside in as it is worse off than what I left it the first time and solve real issues like RETIREMENT (social security) AND HEALTH CARE FOR EVERYONE!

So Nab..... Please Provide me with a signal of Pristine quality of My locals.. Via satellite, FTA on Hotbird. (grade B or higher)

In the mean time Im giving out free hugs to anyone of any ethnic religion who wants one. (no suicide vests or explosives of any kind please!!) Here from Iraq. So if you want one PM me and let me know when you will be in the LSA Andaconda area as I will be more than happy to tell you when I can meet up with you to give you your free hug. But I bet you wont do it as you can care less about me or my family and the families of the solders who do what we do. All you worry about is me buying a car from my local chicago land ford dealership. After all if you call 1800223EMPIRE the empire carpet guy just might bring you a carpet the next day. You know whats funny. That number is the same if I watched that commercial on the NYC cbs channel or the Chicago cbs channel. Go figure. In the mean time lets get down to the real issue and thats people paying people off to create a monopoly where its illegal to do so.

So, I guess this is where i ANNOUNCE WHERE I'm running for congress next term so I can put a boot up nabs ass. Oh and dont think i wont do it as a dedicated mind could do anything it so pleases. But lets take it one step at a time before I get set to change the world and lets solve one issue at a time.. Lets start with Uplinking my locals to hotbird and then emailing me with the TP and fec rate there on. After that lets give millions the power to watch NBC among other broadcasters from any city they want to. After all my dollars get spent online anyhow, not from my local FOX Station.

Bob, go on with your bad self!!!
In the mean time I do have some homework to do. Its sad I hold more degrees than most of my high school graduation class but yet Im "not smart" for doing what is right and honoring our country by defending our spirt and freedom from abroad. But thats corporate spin at its finest :)
Lets just do whats right and lets change things for the good of everyone.

Bob, Good to see one of your post. I am happy that you are still safe & rest assured you are in my prayers daily as are all of your troops. Have as merry a Holiday season as you can so many miles from your family. God Bless you!!

uncalled for Thomas

your little anti Dish rants may work in other threads, but attacking Bob who is in Iraq serving our country is uncalled for

Great message GB. Once more, thank you for your service to our country.

Be safe.

NightRyder

uncalled for Thomas

your little anti Dish rants may work in other threads, but attacking Bob who is in Iraq serving our country is uncalled for

If you know for a fact that this person is who he says he is, I will apologize. Based upon his post, I don't think he is. I did not and would not knowingly insult a military member as you suggest. This has nothing to do with Dish or DirecTV but rather the bona fides of this poster.

Keep up the good work in Iraq. I retired as a Petty Officer First Class on 1 October 2006 after 20 years. So I know what its like to be deployed around the world. While I was there on the USS Nimitz from 1995-98 its not the same as being in combat on the ground.

I remember being tied up at the Pier in Jebel Ali United Arab Emirates on Christmas and trying to get the entire crew on the Pier to watch Football Games via satellite on AFRTS.

We can spend millions to free another country but we make it a crime to watch a TV station from another state. Take care of your self over there.

If you know for a fact that this person is who he says he is, I will apologize. Based upon his post, I don't think he is. I did not and would not knowingly insult a military member as you suggest. This has nothing to do with Dish or DirecTV but rather the bona fides of this poster.
Obviously you haven't been around here long. :(

Bob,

You are losing your DNS because EchoStar cannot play by the rules...it's just that plain, and it's just that simple.;)

I went out and picked-up another SlingBox and range extender earlier this afternoon after reading your e-mail. We don't use the HT room too often during the winter months (wife says it's too cold) so I'll set them up sometime tomorrow. Just let me know if you would rather have access to Detroit/Seattle locals (*C) or Washington/Richmond VA (622) locals.

Take care!!!

Thanks Iceberg for removing that post. It is shocking to me that someone would have the *$^# to make a comment about someone that fights with their life so that we can sit here and state our opinions freely. Clearly Thomas has no idea about bob and what goes on here.

I met with goaliebob and 3 of his buddys right before they shipped out, picked them up at a Army Base and all of us went out to eat, He is Genuine. Enough said.

I am fully aware of who Goalie Bob is. He is a staff member here and yes he is in Iraq. Anyone who has been here for the last 6 months or so knows he was going back to Iraq. Hell, his signature says

"*** I am Deployed in IRAQ I may not answer you back if you PM me, but I will try to answer your question in a timely manner. Thank you for your understanding! ***"

do you think he would put that in there for fun? God I hope not.

Bob stay safe :)

addition to my above post

there were 5 responses before yours in regards ot Bob's post

Bring the soldiers home, and send the NAB to Iraq...
I soooooo second that vote. Be safe bob!
Come home safe so we can fight the commies over at the nab
[quotre]Bob, Good to see one of your post. I am happy that you are still safe & rest assured you are in my prayers daily as are all of your troops. Have as merry a Holiday season as you can so many miles from your family.[/quote]
Great post and right on, be safe.

common sense would be that he is overseas (again look at his signature).

If he was joking, I think a mod would have deleted the original post

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)