Debunking the Format "War" Myth #1

Tony,

Life's short. You probably drop two bills in a month going out to eat with the wife and kids. Toshiba A-2 can be had for a little over $200.00 with 8 free movies. With today's technology advancements, every format will eventually be yesterday's betamax. Besides no matter how the format war pans out, the HD-DVD player is an awesome upconverter of standard DVDs and will continue to play HD-DVDs after the format war is decided (if ever).

You owe it to your HDTV to give it every HD signal that's available.;)

Life is short, so is money! :) I don't have a wife or kids so that isn't a problem. And I would rather use the the money to go out to eat with friends and family than on an electronics item that can be had for 1/20 to 1/4 the price and know it stands a better chance to be around at least as long if not longer. :)

The $200 price point is real good. And it is tempting. But until my $9CyberHome POS with component outputs (which looks great on my Hitachi 42" plasma) dies, I see no reason to shell out money on a player whose format may not survive. When it is clear one format or the other is headed to the dumpster, that is when I would buy.

See ya
Tony

I for a long time thought a universal player would solve this problem like it did for DVD + and - but the universal player currently costs more than buying both bluray and HD.

This could drag on for a while because its not only a hd-dvd,bluray war they are also competing against HD downloads and VOD. I'm curious to know how HD media sales stack up againts HD download sales

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts