DECA, HR24-100, and Belkin N600

Status
Please reply by conversation.

ajpresto

Original poster
Jul 17, 2010
South Carolina
Hello, all.

I'm struggling to connect my HR24-100 via DECA to my N600 Router. I have a friend who seems to be a relatively knowledgeable installer, but I haven't figured this out yet.

In particular, looking at the Network Settings screen, I don't see any information about DECA. Each of the potential networking diagrams ask for Ethernet.

I do not have Whole-house, so I should be able to use DECA, anyway, correct? My DECA appears to be correct (all green lights) but the HR24 doesn't appear to "see" the Internet over DECA.

I had it set up correctly on a previous router, but that router had lightning run in on it, apparently. It was dead when I came home from a vacation following some relatively severe storms. Potentially, the DECA could be dead as well, but all the lights continue to work.

Thoughts?

Since you don't have whole home dvr I would at least see what happens when you run an ethernet cable directly into the back of your HR24. After you plug in the line go to the Menu>Parental,Fav&Setup> System Setup>Network Setup>Advanced Setup and see what the IP address is. It should get the address from your router, which should be something like 192.168.1.5. If not, your receiver is not getting the address from your router. You can assign a fixed number, but you want to be a bit careful. You home router usually uses the 192.168.1.x settings for you local devices. You should be safe using 192.168.1.120 at least for a test. If this works, then your DECA may have issues. It's sole purpose is simply to convert the twisted pair signal to a coax signal. It doesn't contribute to IP addressing. If this test does not work, you have other issues.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)