classic cartoon fan

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Aug 3, 2006
Preble County, Ohio
Well, its down to two tvs that I would like to get;

The 50" Panny plasma TCP50G15 or

the 50" Sammy plasma PN50B860.

Its just waiting for the right time to buy.

Anyone have any suggestions otherwise?

Pannys will have better blacks while Sammys will have more correct color.

Can't go wrong with either.

2 years ago purchased Samsung 50" that had flickering problem. Took it back for the Panny 50" and no flickering problem and lo and behold the picture was better in all respects. Now with that being said I'm sure Samsung addressed the flickering problems in recent models and I've seen them "shine" at stores on display.

Prob with the Sammy's:

Less black
buzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
a good bit more IR than pannys
Samsungs HORRIBLE quality control (just talk to the LCD guys)

If you are gonna get a plasma, buy a Panny.

Both are good sets, but I have had sammy and panny, and for my money, nothing touches the panny. just my opinion.

i would go with the sammy. have only positive experiences myself with sammy :up

I Have a 50 inch Sammy Plasma I purchased over a year ago, and would recommend. The only thing with Plasma vs LCD is brightness in a side by side comparison at several stores. Other than that the pic quality is great.

Hi
Teach
I was talking about my last year TV ..ya I’m still going with pana4000u just want to wait to paint my walls dark first, and wait after thanksgiving to get better price on all because I wanna get the screen as ciniwhite as u said better color and blu-ray and surround sound system ..so is a lot wanna wait for good price around holiday

Hi
Teach
I was talking about my last year TV ..ya I’m still going with pana4000u just want to wait to paint my walls dark first, and wait after thanksgiving to get better price on all because I wanna get the screen as ciniwhite as u said better color and blu-ray and surround sound system ..so is a lot wanna wait for good price around holiday

Cool. It's fun setting up HT systems. Guess that's why I do it for a living :D

S~

Cool. It's fun setting up HT systems. Guess that's why I do it for a living :D

S~

Teach. I need your help. I am looking to get the Epson 8100 or the 8500U. Most of the time the light in the room will be very dim but not a cave. My walls are medium beige and white ceiling. My throw will be from around 12 to 12 1/2 ft. Range. I have been throwing a Optoma 65hd onto the beige wall. Looks very impressive by the way. I am looking for a 106" screen. What screen would you recomend around the $300 mark. Are there any good manual screens that are good quality?? I think I will go with a white screen with a low gain. There will be viewing from off center.

Thanks!!

Will do. Thanks!!

I like the 2 year waranty on the Epson's. Customer service is rated pretty good too.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts