Decision Time - need help

trafter

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Sep 8, 2003
Currently, I live in the Detroit, MI area. I have a Dish 6000, 942 and 508 on legacy equipment - sw 64 switch? (61.5 and Dish 500 setup) I was thinking about calling in for the $299 upgrade for the 6000 and hoping that I would get the Dish 1000 upgraded to the DPP technology so that I could put the 942 upstairs in the Bedroom. I can't run another cable up there because of the architecture of the house (please don't make me explain, it raises my blood pressure) so I would need to be able to use the DPP separator.

My questions are:
1. Is the DISH 1000 being installed in SE Michigan?

2. Does the DISH 1000 use the DPP technology?
3. Would the $299 upgrade fee include a DPP44 switch if I needed it?
4. Anything else I am missing?

Thanks in advance for the info.

First are you going to keep all the receiver turn on or is the 622 going to replace one of them? Second when the guys came and installed mine last friday they had a DPP44 on the truck, but I did not need it only have a 522 and 622. I do not know if they would have installed it for free or not.

1. yes (see http://ekb.dbstalk.com/Dish1000.htm see coverage map)
2. Yes, the default LNB's are a DPP Twin 110, 119) and a DP (129).
3. If needed it was stated it would include any neccesary switches, for 3 receivers - especially with 2 of them are Dual Tuners (942 and 622) it's very likely the installer would use a DPP44. They did for me with only 3 receivers.
4. You need to consider a telephone connection for the dual tuners, avoid the annoying popup and extra fee.

HOWEVER Some users have stated that they get better pictures keeping using 2 dishes instead. with one pointed at 129.
So it might be better/easier to keep the existing dishes and add a dpp44.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)