Deck mounting 8ft dish?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

mr3p

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Jan 1, 2010
West
Looking for recommendations on how to best deck mount an 8ft dish? There must be some sort of non-penetrating deck roof mount for a dishes that size as I see them on the roof of several buildings here is LA

Baird NPRM, (where the commercial installs probably got theirs) Don't know of any others that will suffice for an 8 ft. Seems all the FTA retailers have them for up to 1.2m dishes, but not larger. Might get inspired and break out the welder and torch and make one?

Looking for recommendations on how to best deck mount an 8ft dish? There must be some sort of non-penetrating deck roof mount for a dishes that size as I see them on the roof of several buildings here is LA

Skyvision has them for only 1500.00

Making one for your dish might be the most economical way to go.

DSCN4014.jpg

This is a NPRM for a 7.5' Sami on the satellite AV roof. Hired a local fabricator to construct for approx. $600 including materials. My staff wasn't too happy when the lift came up 15' short and they had to rope up the un-assembled mount and ballast. :eek:

You should keep a lookout for any abandoned 1.8M dish on an auto dealership. Typically they are mounted on a NPRM and the mount is worth more than the dish!

For a 2.4 I'm guessing 6 5/8...

With a Baird Dish you get a custom ballast calculation and our 10 year warranty.

The last thing you want is your 2.4 dish sailing of your deck.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)