GEOSATpro Decode video without needing PID.

SatGuyinOrange

Original poster
Mar 12, 2013
Orange, Calif.
I work for a TV News station, and most of the receivers we use will decode video with just the SYM rate, FEC, etc. entered.
No need for the PIDs. This is helpful when different stations uplink on the same transponder, and have different PID settings in their encoders.
Are there any FTA receivers that can do this, or do they all need to 'scan' the transponder before they can decode??

Thanks

John B

Welcome to SatelliteGuys!

Yes, that is referred to as a transponder scan. Enter the transponder frequency, polarity and symbol rate. The receiver logs any TV or Radio service in the mux.

All receivers have this scan type.

What might really be helpful in a newsroom is the blind scan capability. Blind scan finds transponders and services on them without any information required.

The microHD and most modern receivers have blind scan.

The old Pansat 100A worked like this. It had 100 bouquet memory with each bouquet slot having the frequency, polarity and symbol rate. When you tuned to one of the TPs, it would download the tables, set up the channels and tune to the first channel. Successive channel ups would tune to the next channel in that bouqet until the last channel was reached and then would go on to the next stored bouquet. Quite a few uplink trucks were using this receiver and Pansat later came up with an upgrade chip to allow manual PID entry to receive channels in bouquets without tables.

Many receivers based on the STI chipsets and usually manufactured by Hyundai had this feature.

The GEOSATpro DVR1000ci would display the first TV service in the table when a transponder was selected.

with my old microyal mrx1000 I would enter 1 tp manually and scan.While watching channels on that tp the receiver would grab all the other tp's in the same network,in the background.The equivalent today of a network scan,but it just got the tp info.You would still have to scan to actually grab the channels.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)