Degree Marks on the Winegard 76cm

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

smata67

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Mar 26, 2005
I installed per instructions. I was looking for hispasat at 24o from my location, but the dish does not rotate down any further than about 28o before it hits the lower mounting bolt of the LNB arm. After some time, I discovered that this dish's offset is coincidentally 24o, so I put a level onto the face of the dish to align it perfectly vertical, swept across, and caught hispasat within a minute or so. Very pleased, but when I fixed the face vertical, the markings on the dial ended up being 35o. Is this normal? Shouldn't you just "dial in" the degrees? I looked at my old Voom and Dishnetwork installs and they were set exactly at the elevation of the satellite.

Cascade said:
A few Winegards were incorrectly marked.
As for the bolt hitting the arm, try reversing the bolt so the head is on the opposite side.
On the 76mm winegard dish i have, the bolt is a carriage bolt and cannot be turned around. I had the same problem hitting g10 at 18 degrees elevation when i first setup my winegard, I went to the hardware store and bought a shorter carriage bolt, problem fixed.

They must be making different units e.g., too long of a carage bolt. I had no problem spinning the bolt around and gained approx 5-10 degrees. After all that I found out I didn't have to but oh well, may come in usefull for some of the far east birds i.e, T12.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)