Delete a scheduled show...

Status
Please reply by conversation.

0deuce0

Original poster
Aug 18, 2006
Ok, sorry for the stupid question, but Ive looked everywhere... Looking in my priority menu I see shows that I stopped recording (the show isn't on the air anymore). I can not figure out how to remove them from the list of shows to record. I do not have any of these shows in my "list" and the only evidence of these shows is in the priority listing...

help?

I know one of you is going to tell me to read page X in the manual, but I swear i looked through the manual...

If it matters its a HD DVR... (not tivo)

are you trying to delete a show that you're recording just once or the season?

i know if i need to change something, i hit ``list'' on the remote. then if you push the yellow button on the remote while in list, you'll see all future programs you have in the que to record.

scroll down to the one you want to cancel.....then press record. once that screen is up, you can click on cancel record, then verify by clicking ok.

hope this helps!

ahhh I knew I should have explained it better... heh

basically its a season show... but its not on anymore... so there is no todo list...

There must be an equivalent season pass manager menu for the DirecTV DVR where you can delete these shows.

There is. The easiest way to do it is from the Prioritizer (List - To Do - Prioritizer). Select the show you want to cancel from the list, then choose the "record series" option. You will be given the choice of "Cancel All"

To the best of my knowledge, and from what I have read on CNet and other sites is the following:

If you set up a series to record. And that series goes on hiatus or is no longer being shown, it just stays in your prioritizer never to be deleted. I have an issue with this right now and I have yet to find a solution. In the case of a show on hiatus, when it comes back on the air and episodes show up in the Episodes list, then I can delete the show from the prioritizer.

For some reason, the DVR needs an episode to exist in the future in order to select the show in the prioritizer. WRONG. SEE MY POST BELOW.....

Last edited:
hmmmm tried it... From the Prioritizer menu, if I select the show, to the right it says "None" so there are no future episodes coming, so selecting on it, does nothing... Selecting on my other items that have shows I see where you can cancel the recording of the series, but since there are no future episodes...

doh?

There is a way!!!!

:eureka:

If you go into the prioritizer and highlight the particular program and press the dash key twice (bottom left of the remote). Poof! It's gone.

I found this tidbit on DBSTalk. There are tons of people asking about this.

Doesn't sound like it's documented anywhere. Of course I could be wrong as someone pointed out to me when I asked a question in another post. DOH!

Question ????
Why would anyone worry about deleting a program in the Priority list ?
If you want to delete a series, do it in the To Do list :up

Jimbo

If you read the OP, you'll see that the show he was trying to delete has gone off the air so there are no scheduled shows in the To Do list to delete.

So why bother with even looking at it.
I am not sure how it works exactly, but I have 3-4 shows that will be currently over for the summer, but they do not show up any longer in the to do list, only one that is currently showing is "House" because the season finally is still up coming.
The guide goes out for 2 weeks, maybe the other shows drop off after the 2 weeks expire., when the guide no longer sees it .

Just a thought.

Jimbo

If you read the OP, you'll see that the show he was trying to delete has gone off the air so there are no scheduled shows in the To Do list to delete.

OK, I just went to my Priority list and see that these shows have nothing scheduled, as expected ....
Highlight the one you want to delete and hit the "dash button" twice and that will delete it.

Jimbo

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)