Denied TURBO

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
It is a risk for Dish denying current customers access to what would, for many, be less expensive packages. But that is precisely the reason is denying this for current customers. Can you imagine the quarterly conference call after the on this month? They would have to report huge reductions is average monthly bills, lower revenue, you name, due to legions of customers "downgrading" to the HD packages that are unavailable to current customers. Wall Street would be pissed; shares of Dish down below Direct TV, more shareholders dumping Dish stock, all the business press predicting the death of Dish, and they would probably be right. Although, it is mostly Wall Streets lack of patience and never ceasing demands of UP UP UP UP rater than sound reasonable pace, and some low quarters here and there that are good for the long run.

I am not defending Dish, but I am providing the business and economic reasons Dish just can't afford to let current customers lower their monthly bill by such an amount that it is very bad for business. Morally, Dish should make available the HD package to all current customers. But if I were a stock holder, I would say "Great Dish. Don't you dare let the masses downgrade because my stock would be a huge loss. Keep up the restrictions." Fortunately, I don't play the Wall Street gambling pit.

It is a risk for Dish denying current customers access to what would, for many, be less expensive packages. But that is precisely the reason is denying this for current customers. Can you imagine the quarterly conference call after the on this month? They would have to report huge reductions is average monthly bills, lower revenue, you name, due to legions of customers "downgrading" to the HD packages that are unavailable to current customers. Wall Street would be pissed; shares of Dish down below Direct TV, more shareholders dumping Dish stock, all the business press predicting the death of Dish, and they would probably be right. Although, it is mostly Wall Streets lack of patience and never ceasing demands of UP UP UP UP rater than sound reasonable pace, and some low quarters here and there that are good for the long run.

I am not defending Dish, but I am providing the business and economic reasons Dish just can't afford to let current customers lower their monthly bill by such an amount that it is very bad for business. Morally, Dish should make available the HD package to all current customers. But if I were a stock holder, I would say "Great Dish. Don't you dare let the masses downgrade because my stock would be a huge loss. Keep up the restrictions." Fortunately, I don't play the Wall Street gambling pit.

How is this any different from 6 months from now? A lot of people will pay less then. (I think it's the receivers, but that's just me)

So with having HDOnly since they invented it, what the hell am I supposed to do to get my RSN for college football season?! THIS SUCKS

I'm with you... got HD Absolute while they were saying that they were working on a contract resolution to allow RSNs being added on to the Absolute package and was hoping it would be done by college football season. Now I see they were not being honest. I would gladly switch to the Turbo packaging and pay more money to be able to get my RSN but it looks like that's not an option until FOOTBALL SEASON IS OVER!! In the mean time, it looks like I'll have to make a decision as to whether or not that RSN is worth paying a whole lot more money by going to one the SD+HD packages (are they still available?). Maybe it's time to give D* a second look? I understand why companies give special offers to new customers that existing customers can't have but this RSN thing is rediculous! :mad:

I would gladly switch to the Turbo packaging and pay more money to be able to get my RSN but it looks like that's not an option until FOOTBALL SEASON IS OVER!! ... Maybe it's time to give D* a second look? I understand why companies give special offers to new customers that existing customers can't have but this RSN thing is rediculous! :mad:

This is exactly what I tried to explain to a CSR yesterday and ended up getting really pissed off at their incompetence to grasp the situation. I would end up paying $15/mo. MORE and only be gaining my RSN but they wouldn't/couldn't do it. This is a deal breaker for me. They need to include an exception to their rule in order for people to change from HDAbsolute ----> TurboHD. I want my RSN I was promised! :down

I have HD Absolute + Locals + HBO + Starz + Cinemax. I ordered it on 7/30/08 and I was installed on 8/4/08 and I am getting FSN West(channel 417) and Prime Ticket(channel 411) in both HD and SD.

I got 3 months of free HBO + Starz + Cinemax for $0.01 for a year.

When the installer called to activate my service after doing the installation CS told him I could not activate under HD Absolute because it was not offered anymore and because I placed my order before 8/1/08 I did not qualify for HD-Turbo either. So I told the installer to tell CSR he was going to uninstall everything and cancel my order per my request. Then they transfered the installer to retention department who asked to speak to me.

At first the retention department claimed they had no way to offer me HD Absolute anymore and offered me America Top 100 + $10 credit for 12 months + free HD gold + HD platinum for 3 month. To which I replied no thanks please just cancel my service and take back all your equipment as that would end up costing me almost double what I signed up for and give me 1/2 as many HD channels.

So he put me on hold for a bit and came back told me he had good news his supervisor authorized him to put me on HD absolute pricing package but because they are activating my account after 8/1 any changes I make to my account would remove the HD absolute pricing package as they are not able to force the system to grandfather me into HD absolute package at this point and they are having to manual enter all channel codes into the system. He was going to enter Turbo HD Gold + Platinum + Locals on my account but telling the billing system to bill me for HD Absolute package. He was going to issue me $10 a month credit for 12 month + give me free HBO and Starz for 3 months + Cinemax for a penny for a year for all headaches.

He told me under no circumstances should I make any changes to my account or I will loose my current package as the system every time he goes into my account and tries to save it via the normal CS tool gives him an error that I do not have a valid programing package and to please select a valid package. He said I am basically getting HBO and Starz for free because if I signed up under HD Turbo Gold + HD Platinum + Locals it would cost me the same thing I am getting HD Absolute + Locals + HBO + Starz as old HD Absolute is $20 cheaper than the new package and is the same thing but I guess he did not know that new package includes FSN West + Prime Ticket and old package did not.

So I guess I got lucky as hell and even if at some point in the future HD Absolute package stops getting new channels I will continue to get all the channels from HD Turbo Gold + HD Platinum Turbo. Only downside I have found form reading this forum is that old HD absolute package came with all SD channels for the HD you get vs the package I have comes with no SD channels except my locals, some shopping channels, a few religious channels and FSN and Prime Ticket in SD. I get no SD version of the HD channels nor do I get access to SD PPV.

I am not complaining honestly. I think the deal dish gave me was more than fair honestly. I got my first bill already and bill shows I have HD Absolute too.

dolmar,

Don't know if they're others, but on the HD Absolute package there isn't a SD channel for CNBC.

According to what I have read on here and AVS forum old HD Absolute package included SD channel for USA, CNN,TBS, Disney etc and I get no SD channels at all for the HD channels I have except my locals

YOU SHALL NOT PASS!!!!

YouShallNotPass-full.jpg

dolmar you are lucky you have your RSN!

After thinking about it I am both lucky and unlucky I guess. Lucky I have my RSN but unlucky I can not make any changes to my account ever or I will loose the HD only package all together. Well I guess I could make changes after Feb when HD Turbo package is opened up to everyone except that might not reduce my monthly bill either.

I was thinking about it after I made those posts last night. After 3 months my bill is going from $47.99 + tax to $69.99 + tax as the free HBO and Starz was for 3 months only and if I call and try to remove HBO and Starz I will loose my programing package completely and be forced to take Top XXX package. After the first year my bill will increase to $79.99 when the promo for Cinemax for 1 penny ends.

After thinking about it I am both lucky and unlucky I guess. Lucky I have my RSN but unlucky I can not make any changes to my account ever or I will loose the HD only package all together. Well I guess I could make changes after Feb when HD Turbo package is opened up to everyone except that might not reduce my monthly bill either.

I was thinking about it after I made those posts last night. After 3 months my bill is going from $47.99 + tax to $69.99 + tax as the free HBO and Starz was for 3 months only and if I call and try to remove HBO and Starz I will loose my programing package completely and be forced to take Top XXX package. After the first year my bill will increase to $79.99 when the promo for Cinemax for 1 penny ends.
I dont know about your deal, but my (older) Cinemax for a penny deal was for 3 years. Dish said it will renew each year until 2010. I assume yours will be the same as they probably only have 1 code in the computer for the penny deal..

I dont know about your deal, but my (older) Cinemax for a penny deal was for 3 years. Dish said it will renew each year until 2010. I assume yours will be the same as they probably only have 1 code in the computer for the penny deal..

Even better then as that means for 2 years I should have no problems with my programing package I was given at all. This programing package should be a good package for a while considering I am getting everything in Turbo HD Gold + platinum package for $20 less.

Btw I also noticed today I have like 5 different baseball games tonight in HD on different Sport Alt HD channels and I have Doggers game on FSN West. So it seems I am getting like 12 FSN HD channels between all Sport Alt HD channels and my 2 RSN channels.

Even better then as that means for 2 years I should have no problems with my programing package I was given at all. This programing package should be a good package for a while considering I am getting everything in Turbo HD Gold + platinum package for $20 less.

Btw I also noticed today I have like 5 different baseball games tonight in HD on different Sport Alt HD channels and I have Doggers game on FSN West. So it seems I am getting like 12 FSN HD channels between all Sport Alt HD channels and my 2 RSN channels.

YOU MAKE ME SICK! :mad:

Sorry to res this thread like a n00b- but reading through it am I still accurate in saying that as an existing customer with the original HD Standalone pack ($29.99) that I still cannot get my RSNs (FSN and Prime Ticket) in HD? And that attempting to add the $5.99 Sport Pack will not work?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)