denon avr-386

fleetmack

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Apr 29, 2005
Westminster, CO (North Denver)
Does anyone have this receiver? I'm 99% sure I'm going to buy one here in a few months, but figured I'd get a few first-hand opinions on the receiver from a website which I believe has strong credibility.

Please don't tell me "denon is junk" or anything like that, becuase I'm already sold on the name brand as my current receiver has treated me insanely awesome for the past 10 years. That being said, I could be talked into hearing about similar Onkyo models .... but the main purpose of this thread is to hear opinions of the 3806

Does anyone have this receiver? I'm 99% sure I'm going to buy one here in a few months, but figured I'd get a few first-hand opinions on the receiver from a website which I believe has strong credibility.

Please don't tell me "denon is junk" or anything like that, becuase I'm already sold on the name brand as my current receiver has treated me insanely awesome for the past 10 years. That being said, I could be talked into hearing about similar Onkyo models .... but the main purpose of this thread is to hear opinions of the 3806

SUrprised nobody responded to you. Have you made your purchase? I absolutely love my 3806. Sound reproduction in my environment is crisp and clean. It passes 1080p flawlessly and if you choose (I don't), it also does switching. I f you have a really bright sounding room. The yamahas are very good also.

S~

I love my 3806. I use it with HDMI from my Dish 622 and component from my DVD player. I will use it with my blu-ray player through HDMI since it passes 1080p. Also the auto speaker setup is a fantastic feature. Buy one.

thanks guys, i'm not buying until May (get a huge discount if I wait until then), but it was nice having someone finally reply! perhaps if i hadn't put 386 instead of 3806 in the title!

By May, the new models might be announced, too. Some sweet stuff is coming down the line.

S~

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts