Denver 1st Analog Turn-Off -> 622 Timer problem

David_Levin

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Oct 13, 2003
Denver, Co
Here in Denver, the first 3 channels have just turned off the Analog. Two of the channels reverted the UHF back to the original VHF (7/ABC & 9/NBC).

For the 622/722, A simple rescan didn't find the relocated channels. I had to wipe the locals, reboot, then rescan.

The new channels are there, BUT all the timers using the channels seem to be broken. None of the effected events are showing up on the timer schedule. e.g. 9-1 is still 9-1, but my daily news timer doesn't show any events.

I have switch checked and forced a guide download.

This could be a pain.

PS: For the Media Center PC: Can't get the new channels (I assume it's looking in the wrong place for the channel). Have some timers for tomorrow. Maybe it'll get fixed overnight.

Here in Denver, the first 3 channels have just turned off the Analog. Two of the channels reverted the UHF back to the original VHF (7/ABC & 9/NBC).

For the 622/722, A simple rescan didn't find the relocated channels. I had to wipe the locals, reboot, then rescan.

The new channels are there, BUT all the timers using the channels seem to be broken. None of the effected events are showing up on the timer schedule. e.g. 9-1 is still 9-1, but my daily news timer doesn't show any events.

I have switch checked and forced a guide download.

This could be a pain.

PS: For the Media Center PC: Can't get the new channels (I assume it's looking in the wrong place for the channel). Have some timers for tomorrow. Maybe it'll get fixed overnight.

For the Media Center PC it might be because the database hasn't yet been updated for the broadcast frequency changes. Are you using 3rd party like Sage or BeyondTV or using Windows Media Center? If the latter, you may need to locate the WMC channel database file and remove the lines for each station you're not getting and then manually add them back. The database file is ATSCchannels.xml. It's a hidden system file. Edit it wth Notepad to remove the channel info for the channels you want to manually add back. Then go to Tasks - Settings - TV - Guide - Add Missing Channels - Add DTV Channel. Enter the Channel and subchannel number that the station uses (not the broadcast frequency channel) and after that the actual broadcast frequency channel they've just switched to. Repeat as necessary.

Next morning update: The 622/722 timers seem to have recovered the events overnight (maybe when dish updates the guide data in their side).

Laddyboy: Yes, I'm using Windows Media Center. Thanks for the database info. I just found the manual add channel info. But, the manal database edit might be needed to avoid a conflict.

Media Center Next Morning: Standard scan still not working. But, I found instructions for a manual channel add (I didn't realize this was there). Silly GUI, wouldn't it make sense for this to be on the add channel screen ?

Tweaking Your Media Center PC's HDTV Lineup

(I can't try it till I get home).

Laddyboy:
Thanks for the help. Once I removed the channels from ATSCchannels.xml I was able to add them manually.

Reports say after OTA channels have moved, you must rescan AND run check disk so the unit will download a fresh Guide.

When the Guide is refreshed, the timers come back.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)