thru HITS on w1, provided by Comcast. NPS is considering reuplinking
WPIX and KTLA ourselves if they are also pulled. If I get more information
I will post it.

Thank you,
John Ferguson
C-band Sales
NPS

Denver gone

Thanks! Good to hear. I was about to call NPS when all Denver stations were pulled on the 1st. Nice notice.

Will be calling tomorrow.

This is from John at NPS posted at Satfourms:

Superstar/Netlink has termed the Denver Feeds, NPS has been trying to get answers from them about what they are doing and they have not been forthcoming. NPS is in negotiation to make the Denvers available
on 4dtv and we hope to get this done as quickly as possible. There is a
50/50 chance that this will happen. I will post as soon as I know.
NPS has been swamped with phone calls from our own Denver subs and from Netlink customers hoping they can get them from us. We are trying to answer all calls, but because of the call volume, some people cannot get through. We apologize, and are trying to help everyone as quickly as possible.
I will post any new information as soon as I have it.

Thank you,
John Ferguson
C-band Sales
NPS
jferguson@callnps.com
1-800-444-3474 ext 599

Email from NPS

Important Information Regarding Denver 5

As you may already be aware, Denver 5 dropped their transmission yesterday evening (12/5/05). First and foremost, we want you to know that NPS is reacting to this as quickly as we can. We, like you, had no advanced warning that this was going to happen. NPS neither condones nor promotes this type of business behavior. We feel it is in our customer's best interest to receive notice of transmission changes a minimum of 30 days prior to the change.

NPS, as always, is working to get the Denver 5 networks back up and running as soon as possible. In the mean time, if you have questions or would like to further discuss your programming options, please call us at 1-800-444-3474. Our agents are standing by to take your calls.

I'm curious, when channels that used to be analog go digital do they normally get added to the Absolute Digital package? I'm sure the movie channels like Starz wouldn't, but it doesn't seem like there are hardly any basic channels that are digital which aren't in the AD package.

All movie channels will stay a la carte, Straz is already digital and has been for years, D5 will be a la carte also if it goes digital, and there are still a few a la carte digital channels not as much as we would hope for.

Update

From John at NPS posted at Satforums.

NPS is now 80% sure we will have the Denvers on 4dtv. NPS is committed to c-band and are working hard to get more, and keep channels.
We appreciate all of your loyalty through this crazy time. Will update as soon as I get more information.

Thank you,
John Ferguson
C-band Sales
NPS
1-800-444-3474 ext 599

John, That is great news. The support for the big dish by NPS is greatly appreciated and I am sure there are others out there that feel the same. We really miss our Denver5. Thanks again for all the updates.

Kath

Update

From John at NPS, posted at Satforums.

As of today, 12-20-2005, NPS is 95% that the Denvers will be available on 4dtv. As soon as I get any more updates I will post it.

Thank you,
John Ferguson
C-band Sales
NPS
1-800-444-3474 ext 599

Update

This from John at NPS posted at Satforums:

The lateset update on the Denver 5 is: they are mapped on w1-500 and up and will be available ,no later than Wednesday 12-28-2005, but could be as early as Tomorrow. They will be called the "Rocky Mountain 7"
and will include ABC, NBC, CBS, Fox, WB, UPN, PBS. As soon as I know, they are ready to go, I will post the information.

Anyone wanting the Denvers on 4dtv, if you fax a copy of a billing from your current provider to me at 317-849-9208, I can grandfather you and you will be able to order them through us. Send attn: John Ferguson.

The channel listings are as follows

w1-500 KRMA-PBS
w1-501 KDVR-Fox
w1-502 KWGN-WB
w1-503 KCNC-CBS
w1-504 KUSA-NBC
w1-505 KMGH-ABC
w1-506 KBDI-PBS
w1-507 KTVD-UPN, Englewood

Thank you,
John ferguson
C-band Sales
NPS
1-800-444-3474 ext 599

Last edited:
DENVER NETWORK ANNOUNCEMENT

NPS proudly announces that NPS will continue to provide

digital Denver Networks for our C-Band customers!

Welcome the NPS “Rocky Mountain 8 Package”

Part # 419

Rocky Mountain 8 is the new name for the NPS Denver 5 Package!

3 NEW services have been added to package #419

NPS is adding a UPN and 2 PBS’s to a package line-up

which already contains 3 Networks, Fox, a WB.

But the package price is the SAME! More services….same price!

The digital services are available separately or you can get all 8 in the Rocky Mountain 8 Package which is your best value.

NPS Part #’s and Satellite Locations

NPS # 177 W1-500: KRMA (PBS)

NPS # 132 W1-501: KDVR (FOX)

NPS # 194 W1-502: KWGN (WB)

NPS # 182 W1-503: KCNC (CBS)

NPS # 196 W1-504: KUSA (NBC)

NPS # 195 W1-505: KMGH (ABC)

NPS # 140 W1-506: KBDI (PBS)

NPS # 193 W1-507: KTVD (UPN)

Retail Pricing

Part #’s: Annual 6 Months Quarterly Monthly

#419 Package $228.99 $120.22 $62.97 $ 22.90

#177 - #193 $ 44.99 $ 23.62 $11.25 $ 4.50

Call NPS at 1-800-786-9677

As you can see from the prices above that the best value for Denver services is the Rocky Mountain 8 Package. The Rocky Mountain 8 Package annual retail price is $228.99. That gives the customer 8 Denver services for $228.99 for a year! If those 8 services were purchased independently

for the year it would costs $359.92. Activate #419 and save money!

Please note that between 12/15 and 12/18 NPS terminated existing Denver Network services on all NPS accounts with a prorated credit back to your Dealer account. You will need to call NPS to get your customers reactivated.

Last edited:
Can't get any channels on W-1. We were getting Denver5 until they cut us off early December.
Any advice on getting W-1? No reason to subscribe to the new channels if we can't get them. TIA

if you have a 4dtv receiver you can, if it's not mapped then move to G1 tp.3 unplug for a second or two and then plug it back let it go throught he warm up. If you had them before call NPS and they will reactivate them for you.

Update

Posted at Satforums by John at NPS:

All the Denvers should be working fine, except KRMA, which should be on the first of next week. 920 customers will need to soft reset to map w1-500
to 507. 922's should have updated automatically. Rehits will not take on w1, must be done on g1-3.

Hope everyone enjoys the channels and has a safe and happy holiday season.

Thank you,
John Ferguson
C-band Sales
NPS
1-800-444-3474 ext 599

I am thankful for NPS. They were nice enough to Grandfather me buy sending them an invoice from Netlink. I will never use Turnervision/Superstar/Netlink again. The customer service rep. at NPS was friendly and knowledgable and I asked her if they would uplink in 4DTV the New York City Stations if Primetime24 fails? She said most likely YES!. I have a bad feeling about PT24 since their picture quality is so poor at the present time. Does anyone know who uplinks PT24? They used to have a website, but no longer do.

bigrich said:
I am thankful for NPS. They were nice enough to Grandfather me buy sending them an invoice from Netlink. I will never use Turnervision/Superstar/Netlink again. The customer service rep. at NPS was friendly and knowledgable and I asked her if they would uplink in 4DTV the New York City Stations if Primetime24 fails? She said most likely YES!. I have a bad feeling about PT24 since their picture quality is so poor at the present time. Does anyone know who uplinks PT24? They used to have a website, but no longer do.
http://www.primetime24.net/. There site is a .net not a .com. That maybe why you can't find it. Also, Lyngsat has the wrong web address.

Netlink does not have PT24 and Lyngsat does not have primetime24.net listed. The site reflects each stations web site and contact info. where are you seeing primetime24.com ?

bigrich said:

What I heard from NPS was that PT-24 would most likely go DCII in a format the 4dtv can get.

Whenever they go digital, and It may be a while.

Status
Please reply by conversation.