Departed HD-DVD at Best Buy $22.99

Got it last week at Wal-mart for $19, a combo disc. Wal-mart apparently didn't realize it was suppossed to be released on the 13th.

Was at sears tonight, the HD-DVD combo version was $40 and the BD was $36. I don't know how they ever expect people to buy on if the dang discs are priced so differently by retailers and if people don't shop around the pricing at some stores HAS to turn people off to the new formats.

I don't know whether this is good news or bad news for the format.....

Went to buy The Departed on HD DVD at the Best Buy in Brick, NJ. Sold Out. Still in stock on BluRay. The HD DVD display is getting filled with more and more new product though (mostly catalog though - Clerks II still sold out....)....

Wound up buying a Linksys Wireless N Router for my father who is finally ditching dial up for Comcast Broadband (wow, $60 for 6 meg downstream.... I have to start speaking nicer about Cablevision and 30 mb downstream for $65). Also picked up Flicka and Charmed Season 7 on regular DVD.

I don't know whether this is good news or bad news for the format.....

Went to buy The Departed on HD DVD at the Best Buy in Brick, NJ. Sold Out. Still in stock on BluRay. The HD DVD display is getting filled with more and more new product though (mostly catalog though - Clerks II still sold out....)....

Wound up buying a Linksys Wireless N Router for my father who is finally ditching dial up for Comcast Broadband (wow, $60 for 6 meg downstream.... I have to start speaking nicer about Cablevision and 30 mb downstream for $65). Also picked up Flicka and Charmed Season 7 on regular DVD.

30mb down for $65.....wow you r lucky

Now I just need some content providers to start streaming media faster than 700k...... Sigh, I have this big pipe, and they keep using the garden hose to send me data....

hello everybody i was just curioues if anybody had a pb with the movie departed on hd dvd i went to bestbuy to buy one and when i put it in my hd dvd player model hda2 . and when i inserted the disc on the hd side i got a message saying this is not a dvd disc and it wouldnt play so then i flipped to the regular standerd dvd side and it played fine so i went back to get another of the same movie and the same thing happened so im wondering if its my hd dvd player or a defect in the bestbuy store i bought these hd dvds in orlando fl in o.b.t thank you of ur worked fine please let me know where u bought please

hello everybody i was just curioues if anybody had a pb with the movie departed on hd dvd i went to bestbuy to buy one and when i put it in my hd dvd player model hda2 . and when i inserted the disc on the hd side i got a message saying this is not a dvd disc and it wouldnt play so then i flipped to the regular standerd dvd side and it played fine so i went back to get another of the same movie and the same thing happened so im wondering if its my hd dvd player or a defect in the bestbuy store i bought these hd dvds in orlando fl in o.b.t thank you of ur worked fine please let me know where u bought please

Hmmm. I bought mine online - hdmoviesource.com - and got it day of release, and it played fine on my XA1. Are you sure your A2 has the current firmware? I think it's 1.2. Do other HD DVD's play OK?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts