depressed: 61.5 weak signal

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

steve car

Original poster
Oct 24, 2007
got an 8' dish with dual lnb's for 119 & 121. (all lnb's are dishpro)

my 6'dish pts to 61.5 to pick up all the hd channels. unless it's a crystal clear day I don't get a strong enough signal. I'm told the 61.5 is too far away for my 6' dish.

any suggestions on how to strengthen signal ?

how can I find out what the channels are in numerical sequence for 61.5 so I don't ever click on them.

thanks

got an 8' dish with dual lnb's for 119 & 121. (all lnb's are dishpro)

my 6'dish pts to 61.5 to pick up all the hd channels. unless it's a crystal clear day I don't get a strong enough signal. I'm told the 61.5 is too far away for my 6' dish.

any suggestions on how to strengthen signal ?

how can I find out what the channels are in numerical sequence for 61.5 so I don't ever click on them.

thanks
Where are you located? The satellites are 22,300 miles from the equater for everyone so you aren't too far away but you might be out of the footprint for the satellites broadcast.

my thought is to point the 8' dish to 61.5 & use the 2 lnbs on the 6' dish for 110 & 119 in hopes of getting much better tv but I'm not sure how it will work.

everything seems to be a tradeoff.... shrug :confused:

the list will help a bunch for a final decision.

Don't subs in south Florida usually use a Dish300 for 61.5 and a Dish500 for 110/119?

Why would the OP need an 8' dish and a 6' dish?

There must be something wrong here.

Fishy??

haha, you funny guys, I finally screamed loud enough... got a decent installer out & it was a bad switch & cable. I'm now thrilled with my receptoin. thanks for you're input

An 8' dish is over-kill for the US even in FL. People in the southern Caribbean use that size dish. I am using a 6' for AMC4 and Galaxy 25 and getting all the channels on both satellites.

An 8' dish is over-kill for the US even in FL. People in the southern Caribbean use that size dish. I am using a 6' for AMC4 and Galaxy 25 and getting all the channels on both satellites.

Nothing is ever overkill... Who's this Mr. Rainfade fellow you guys speak of? ;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)