Detect switch and LNBs, but no signal?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

RedSavina

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Aug 19, 2005
Groton, CT
I have two 501s, both viewing 61.5/110/119 via a DP34 multiswitch. Until a couple of days ago, all was good. I had signal readings over 100 on all three sats. Mysteriously, that has changed. Now one DP501 works just fine (switch output 2), but the other can only detect the switch and LNBs, but no signal.

What gives? Anyone have experience with a problem like this? I've checked my cables and connections and all looks good. I'm baffled...

Thanks,
Red

P308... Although my symptoms are not exactly the same, I am beginning to suspect the SW after reading some other threads.

In a way, that's good news. Annoying for now, but should get fixed without me having to play install guy again.

Thanks,
Red

Just a quick update.

We've had some weather (rain) so I've not been able to troubleshoot everything so far. I've tried other ports on the switch and am reasonably confident that everything outdoors is fine.

I still need to test the cable. I'll allow for the possibility of it getting pinched when running through the exterior wall, but wouldn't that prevent the receiver from properly IDing the LNBs and switch? I meant to borrow the megger from work, but forget to bring it home. I will have to swap out receivers to test both the bad cable possibility and the bad receiver possibility.

If it turns out to be the P308 SW problem AND the receiver cannot detect a signal, then how will P309 get to the receiver?

Cheers,
Red

Okay, I've isolated and tested all cabling, the switch, LNBs, and verified the dishes are properly aimed.

My primary receiver is working just fine (P308), but the info screen displays the X symbol as described in other threads about the P308 problem.

My secondary receiver correctly identifies the switch and LNB connections, but does NOT receive a signal.

On the Install Summany screen:
Switch: DP34-500 LNBs: Twin-1(1) Twin-2(2) Dual-2(3)
Input: 1 2 3
Satellite: Conn Conn Conn
Polarity: X X X
Device: Twin Twin Dual
On the Details screen:
Switch Status: Connected to a DP34-500 with 3 inputs
Port1 DP-Twin-1 Connected, No Signal
Port2 DP-Twin-2 Connected, No Signal
Port3 DP-Dual-2 Connected, No Signal

Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks,
Red

webbydude said:
Have you tried using different output ports on your DP-34? Call it a hunch or a stab in the dark, but I'm still inclined to think the problem may lay with the switch itself

Yes, tried alternate ports. Same results on all ports.

dfergie said:
Your tuner may have gone out in the second 501... My original did this(basiclly same symptoms if I remember right) and I ended up getting another from E*...

I assume this happened while under warranty? I'm way past that! Sadly, this guy is starting to look like a doorstop. Guess I should start checking eBay for 508s.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)