Detroit Locals with the new HD

Status
Please reply by conversation.

cypher

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Aug 5, 2004
Hi all-
I have an appointment to get the new receiver and dish on Friday. I am REALLY looking forward to it because my OTA HD reception is sometimes so damn annoying.
For instance, it'll work fine for the wife when Desperate Housewives is on, but on Monday night Football, it keeps pixelating in and out and is totally unwatchable. I have a big omni-directional antenna on the roof, but sometimes I can switch to a little rabbit-ear indoor HD antenna and it is better. But, sometimes that doesn't even work. I am tired of having an HD receiver, but being unable to watch the locals in HD.

Please someone in Detroit tell me that this issue has been resolved with the new equipment form Directv. I really hope the signal is MUCH, MUCH more reliable.

Good luck. I just upgraded myself and its not going to well. I bought the hd20 receiver at BestBuy and called directv manytimes to get a contractor out for the 5lnb dish. first guy came out with 3lnb second guy came out for a service call. Direct said I can get it for the detroit area but they keep giving me the run around. Last call with them after they trasnfered me from person to person was that the supervisor would call me back with a nwe date for installation. that was a week ago. all i want is for this system to be ready to go. I think I would do better to call a contractor and have him manually fill out papers and intall the dish. I herd Directv computer screen is not set ou yet for this type of order. Can you tell me who you contractor is and his number so I can see if he can help me?

My locals in HD are working. I have an off an on issue with sound clipping, but other than that, the picture is good.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts