Please reply by conversation.

bic

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Sep 2, 2006
British Columbia, Canada
Just getting started.

Hi

I've got a Coolsat 6000, a 30 inch dish and a Diseqc dg102 motor has been sent for. I know enough that I was receiving Anik F1 &2 (almost no FTA) from a static position, so I know a little theory. I'd like to get as many channels as possible. Can I mount the new(?) circular/linear LNB on my motorized dish? I think that means I'll have to incorporate a switch with the motor. Can this be done? If it can't what LNB should I use?

I'm pretty isolated. So I need the 30 inch dish. I'm 300 miles north of Vancouver Island, Canada about 100 miles off the mainland.

Thanks for any help.

BIC

WELCOME to the SatelliteGuys.US FTA forum!

:welcome

YES, you can use you Circular / Linear LNBF with your motorized set up! I use the same set up! I use a 2 way DiSEqC switch to toggle between Linear and Circular sides of the LNBF. (see below)

I use the Invacom QPH-031 LNBF.

Attachments

• wp2x1.jpg
    wp2x1.jpg
    32.9 KB · Views: 122
I'm TRYING to install this motor. It is a Skywalker DISEqC H-H . I've got it hooked to a COOLSAT 6000. I turned on the software as a 1.2 motor but I'm still not getting LED's on the motor. I've checked continuity in the R6 cable and it is fine. Have I got a bum motor? It's brand new!

Also IF I ever get it running; how do I configure the one and two ports on my diseqc 4 by 1 switch to handle the two channels on the Invacom qph-031 LNB.

Thanks, BIC

Not sure I'm understanding the question correctly, but you need only hook up one circular and one linear output from the QPH to the DiSEqC switch (unless you have two receivers, in which case you would use a DiSEqC switch for each receiver, or a 22k DirecTV-style 4 x 4 multiswitch)...

From my experience with motors make sure you have your cable in the correct connector on your reciever. I had it on the wrong one and got no power to the motor...

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)