Status
Please reply by conversation.

service_guy

Original poster
Nov 6, 2009
Ontario, Canada
Hi ppl.
Great web site.
Tried to post in the Diamond Discussion, to old.
Mod's:I hope I am not in the wrong with post (or in the wrong place.)
If so let me know, or delete this post

Just to be clear: I am NOT looking for hackware!

I just picked up a Diamond 9000 HD today for a good price, and it is un-molested (ie no hackware) but for the life of me I can not find the FACTORY FIRMWARE 104 anywhere.
Does someone have a link or the file they wish to share?
I have tried Digiwaves web site, and sent an email, but I could not find the factory firmware.

Oh, and by the way is there a way to edit the TP's other than NDF Edit?

Thanks again for the great web site.
Dave.

I bought my Diamond 9000 on eBay and it came with third party software. I left it inplace because I read in a thread here that it had some fixes that the factory file needed. But it lacked in another issue.

I don't remember about the Satellite.List file. I think that the third party software had a newer list.

LAK7 may have the answers your looking for.

Did you try a search here for Diamond 9000?

This should have been posted in FTA Discussion.

Diamond

Hi.
1ADAM12: I pondered if I should post in this forum seeing as the Diamond is tied to a 10ft Orbitron Mesh/Geosat Pro CK1 and a V-Box 6 so it was a toss up between FTA and C Band.

My sat list is up to date using the NDF editor, but my question is editing tp's thru the menu on the stb ie: changing FEC, Pilot and so on.

Lak7:
Thanks for the pm.

Thanks Again.
Dave.

My sat list is up to date using the NDF editor, but my question is editing tp's thru the menu on the stb ie: changing FEC, Pilot and so on.
On the Diamond 9000, you must use the Editor to enter DVB-S2 TPs, there is no option to use the Remote.

TP's

On the Diamond 9000, you must use the Editor to enter DVB-S2 TPs, there is no option to use the Remote.

Thanks Lak7

It is a bit of a pain, but I kind of knew that before I purchased:(
So I guess you can not edit anything other than Feq. and symbol rate from the remote?

Later.
Dave.

Thanks Lak7

It is a bit of a pain, but I kind of knew that before I purchased:(
So I guess you can not edit anything other than Feq. and symbol rate from the remote?

Later.
Dave.

I haven't tried this with mine (I usually just take the laptop to the box to download/upload tp's) but I would think that you could possibly add some QPSK/8PSK dummy tps to dummy satellites if you have unused locations. You could then motor to your desired location and then switch to the dummy sat on the box. You can then fiddle with the freq, sr, and FEC of the TP and test out the signal before adding it via the pc. Or this might work good for wild feeds if you don't want to take the time to add in the TP with the computer.
Did that make sense? It made sense in my head, but that doesn't always translate well to real life.;)

I'm very pleased with my Diamond. It replaced my 9200HD that is only used for blind scanning now. Maybe someday I'll get the S2 blindscan board for it for feed hunting, but even then the Diamond will remain to be the daily box used for viewing. I think it has a better picture and isn't buggy and warm running like the Pansat is.

Quote:
Lak7 said:
There is no FEC option, only TP options are Freq, SR, and Polarity.
FEC and pilot are changeable on mine. Maybe the factory firmware doesn't support this? Mine has the wonderful :)rolleyes: *cough* *cough*) 1.31p on it.

Perhaps you're both right. On mine (I have the 1.31p too :mad: ) , I can edit FEC with the remote on the DVB-S2 channels, but that option doesn't seem to be available on the regular DVB-S channels, perhaps because it has automatic FEC for DVB-S and it isn't necessary, but it IS necessary to specify FEC for DVB-S2.

1.3.1p works the same on my box, I found no reason to change it back to factory bin.

If you only watch SD and low bitrate HD, then the 1.31p firmware is OK. You only get occasional stopples (my word). But if you do high bitrate HD, then 1.31p is a killer. You can't record at all at high bitrate, and the darn video stopples are so frequent that it's really annoying for regular viewing. I pretty much use the 9000 for OTA ATSC and PBS HD, but for anything that has greater than 20,000 bitrates, I use other receivers.

And, yes, in response to another post, I think it's a good idea to put a few dummy channels in via computer that are in DVB-S2 mode. That way, you can edit those to the proper parameters whenever you need to add an S2 channel quickly, because it lets you edit everything, including the freq.

Thanks for all the input.
I took a shot at installing 118 to see if I could use the "trick" for editing and it works, and I can still go back to the factory 104 if need be.

FEC and pilot are changeable on mine. Maybe the factory firmware doesn't support this? Mine has the wonderful :)rolleyes: *cough* *cough*) 1.31p on it.
No. The factory firmware does not support it.

Now, after a week of ownership........................
Onto what I like, and don't like.
Some good things, some I hate:mad:
Good picture and menu structure.:)

Channel editing blows in my opinion:rant:
Maybe I am brain dead, but with my SV8000 I can add channels to my favorites one sat at a time with ease, but the channel editor is real cumbersome (I think)
Maybe I am missing something, you guys feel free to speak up.

ATSC does not seem to work with the 118 file:confused:
I had already scanned with the 104 and worked fine, now nothing.

V-box and motor control is awesome:cool:
My SV8000 will not talk to the V-box, it will move east and west fine, but will not save positions.

Sat and TP editing was never finished imo, and that for me is a real down side.

Overall my score is 4/10, and after owning it for a little over a week, I am going to sell it and spring for a AZ Box or Vantage.
Those two products seem to be more suited for FTA use than the Diamond.
The steal of a deal I got it for does not overcome it's shortfalls, and again that is Only My Opinion.

Later.
Dave.

Thanks for all the input.
I took a shot at installing 118 to see if I could use the "trick" for editing and it works, and I can still go back to the factory 104 if need be.

No. The factory firmware does not support it.

Now, after a week of ownership........................
Onto what I like, and don't like.
Some good things, some I hate:mad:
Good picture and menu structure.:)

Channel editing blows in my opinion:rant:
Maybe I am brain dead, but with my SV8000 I can add channels to my favorites one sat at a time with ease, but the channel editor is real cumbersome (I think)
Maybe I am missing something, you guys feel free to speak up.

ATSC does not seem to work with the 118 file:confused:
I had already scanned with the 104 and worked fine, now nothing.

V-box and motor control is awesome:cool:
My SV8000 will not talk to the V-box, it will move east and west fine, but will not save positions.

Sat and TP editing was never finished imo, and that for me is a real down side.

Overall my score is 4/10, and after owning it for a little over a week, I am going to sell it and spring for a AZ Box or Vantage.
Those two products seem to be more suited for FTA use than the Diamond.
The steal of a deal I got it for does not overcome it's shortfalls, and again that is Only My Opinion.

Later.
Dave.
Channel editing does suck. I also find that after rearranging channels, my timers are all screwed up as well. It doesn't tune to a specific channel, rather a location in the channel list.
I have never used the factory software since mine came hacked and there's no going back. I find the skipping on high bit rate feeds very minimal, however there's no recording of those feeds. If something has a high bitrate, I have to feed it through the tivo and record it that way if I want to watch it later.
All in all, it has/had great potential.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)