Diamond 9000 PVR Functionality

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
I hate to drag up this old thread from the depths of the archives, but I would like to verify if anyone has actually used Video Redo to edit the recorded .trp files from the Diamond 9000 HD PVR and made it work?

Anyone who has done so, please let us know your findings. :)

Thanks!!!

I hate to drag up this old thread from the depths of the archives, but I would like to verify if anyone has actually used Video Redo to edit the recorded .trp files from the Diamond 9000 HD PVR and made it work?

Anyone who has done so, please let us know your findings. :)

Thanks!!!
Sure, VideoReDo works fine with the Diamond 9000 files. I have all of last year's SB recorded, and just went back to open it up in VRD to verify my memory. Yeah, I edited out dozens of important plays to settle arguments, and grabbed hundreds of freeze frames, etc.
Of course, the only problem is that the 9000 chokes with high bitrate stuff. I recorded the SB via an OTA ATSC HD channel, and I often record PBS HD, but it completely shuts down when you try to record high bitrate stuff. But if it COULD record it, then VideoReDo would process it fine.

Sure, VideoReDo works fine with the Diamond 9000 files. I have all of last year's SB recorded, and just went back to open it up in VRD to verify my memory. Yeah, I edited out dozens of important plays to settle arguments, and grabbed hundreds of freeze frames, etc.
Of course, the only problem is that the 9000 chokes with high bitrate stuff. I recorded the SB via an OTA ATSC HD channel, and I often record PBS HD, but it completely shuts down when you try to record high bitrate stuff. But if it COULD record it, then VideoReDo would process it fine.

Many Thanks B.J! :)

I just wanted to verify before I spring for the money to buy VideoRedo.

I have recorded lots of OTA HD stuff and some satellite SD movies, and would like to get the commercials out and archive some of them.

Thanks Again!

ial
Many Thanks B.J! :)

I just wanted to verify before I spring for the money to buy VideoRedo.

I have recorded lots of OTA HD stuff and some satellite SD movies, and would like to get the commercials out and archive some of them.

Thanks Again!

I thought that there was a free trial version for you to try, to make sure you like it.
I did pay for it, but I'm pretty sure that I tried it first.
Also, I just remembered, that I bought 2 different versions, ie the regular VideoReDo Plus version, and something like a TVSuite version. I forget what the differences are, but I think the Suite version does direct burn to CD, which I never do since everything I record is HD, but there was some other feature I wanted. I just tried a couple files on both versions, and both worked, and actually the Plus version seemed better.

ial

I thought that there was a free trial version for you to try, to make sure you like it.
I did pay for it, but I'm pretty sure that I tried it first.
Also, I just remembered, that I bought 2 different versions, ie the regular VideoReDo Plus version, and something like a TVSuite version. I forget what the differences are, but I think the Suite version does direct burn to CD, which I never do since everything I record is HD, but there was some other feature I wanted. I just tried a couple files on both versions, and both worked, and actually the Plus version seemed better.

Thanks!

I'll look them over very closely before I buy. :D

Anole is the expert when it comes to VideoRedo. Maybe he'll comment.

I've been running VideoReDo since early 2005.
The TV Suite was rolled out October 2007, and has DVD authoring added to the edit-only of original VideoReDo.
That wasn't too important to me back then, because I had an authoring solution in DVD Labs, from another outfit.

The company focused all their improvements and upgrades on the TVsuite version, and has left the original editor to rest on its laurels.
So, editing and repair of the more recently found files, is more certain with the product that's being upgraded monthly.

Now, the company is about to release a major update to TVsuite which adds some editing ability for h.264 video.
It's been gestating for a long time, with some of us invited to alpha testing last summer.

I don't know the details of the release date or upgrade cost for h.264 support.
It's not been officially announced.

Anyway, my use has been just to chop commercials out of shows for many years.
For that, VRD is top notch.
If you want to make your own movie, it's probably the wrong tool. - ;)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)