Diamond HDMI??

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

schlever

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 1, 2007
Regina, SK
Anyone else have trouble with the HDMI port on thier Diamond? I've tried 2 different cables, and they both work with my other HD box, but nothing with the Diamond.

I have never used my Diamond's HDMI output, don't have a HDTV yet.....but I believe Lak7 is using his with no problems.

Can't recall anyone else around here that has a Diamond, mentioning any problems with the HDMI output.

I have used both of mine with HDMI and so far have had no real problems.

One possible issue is the 'handshake' that goes on between your TV and the Diamond. Even though its supposed to be universal, I have noticed a time or two (no more than that), I had to hard power off the Diamond, turn off the TV, then turn them both on again to get them to 'handshake', and all was well.

And just FYI I am using the HDMI cable that came with my D* HD TIVO. I am not a believer in fancy cables anyway. Monoprice.com gets all my cable business. :D

HDMI works fine with my Samsung TV, although I've read accounts similar to what the other poster mentioned above, ie that on some TVs there is an order of turning things on to get it recognized, like perhaps having to boot up the TV while connected. But my Samsung didn't require that.

Only problem I've had, is that my Diamond seems to overscan or something via HDMI, ie I'm missing an inch or two of the screen on each side. Doesn't happen with my other HD sources. I haven't tried it via component yet, to see if it does the same thing there.

EDIT: Slightly related, I recently observed that when I disconnected one of my receiver's HDMI cable (I think... might have been component, but I don't think so), that my TV still recognized that the cable was connected. Ie usually when I remove a source, it dissappears from the sources that you toggle through when you change sources, but I had this HDMI2 source showing up when nothing was connected to the cable. When I pulled the cable out of the TV, then it stopped recognizing the input. So I guess that HDMI has some completed circuits that tell the TV that something is there.

Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts