Status
Please reply by conversation.

JerryK

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
May 25, 2005
Hi all,
My TDT was at 1920 so I did my first master reset last night.

I have all my sats and subs (VC and DCII) reprogrammed and working.

I did a DCII rehit from NPS. It worked. Didn't do a VCII rehit because it looks like the reset didn't affect it any. (my VC channels still work)

My EPG is Dead. 3 days ago I had NPS reauthorize it to fix a different problem, so I know I'm "authorized". Shouldn't the DCII rehit wake up my EPG?

It won't reload so I can't setup my favorites etc, and my wife is bugging me about it :)

Any thoughts? Should I do the "unplug trick" ? Should I call NPS again even though the rehit worked?

I'd unplug the box and replug it in. The guide should populate within 30 minutes. Or maybe it needs to be on G1 channel 3 to get the guide ?

Thanks guys...I agree with you but I still have a problem.

The guide button still just says "we are processing your request". It doesn't even draw the grid with "No Info".

I did the unplug from G1-3 and G1-13 (since 13 has a dc light). Neither produced for me.

I'm supposed to turn it off THEN unplug, right?

Thanks guys...I agree with you but I still have a problem.

The guide button still just says "we are processing your request". It doesn't even draw the grid with "No Info".

I did the unplug from G1-3 and G1-13 (since 13 has a dc light). Neither produced for me.

I'm supposed to turn it off THEN unplug, right?

I leave mine on. Are you saying you have no DC light on G1-3? 13 will do you no good since the 4dtv ipg data is sent out only on Galaxy-15 transponder 3, if you do not have a DC light and a quality of over 45 you will not get the ipg, you may need to bump and skew a bit to get the DC light on, you can try getting the quality up on G1-150 bring it as high as you can, then switch to G1-167 (transponder-3) and try to bring the quality up there, after your quality is good then you can hit the guide button, when the guide loads you may need to select a movie in the ipg and hit info, the info does not come in with the guide at times and you may need to do this, if the info never shows up then go to G1-3 and do a unplug replug, you mite need to do it 2-3 times or it mite all load the first time :)

Your tdt count should not overflow often. If you have c/ku, anytime you are on the west end of the arc and you want to go to G-16 ku (X4) go to G4 first then switch over to X4, it's the same bird so it will take one second, my buddy has this problem, I am not sure if his arm is slow or what but it seems to overload the maps when passing over the Star choice birds, if you have c/ku and watch X4 you may want to do this from now on and you should not over load the maps again, oh and if you didn't already know, never program a ku sat icon from 4dtv on a Star choice satellite.

Last edited:
I'll try to skew G1-3 in better. Currently I only get a DC light on 13. If I get a dc on tp3 I'll try again and let you know how it went.

THANKS!

Tdti - Skew was the answer, Thanks!
A little tweaking to get me closer to 90degrees and the DC light popped right on.

2min later I had a guide.

Thanks again,
Jerry

Tdti - Skew was the answer, Thanks!
A little tweaking to get me closer to 90degrees and the DC light popped right on.

2min later I had a guide.

Thanks again,
Jerry

If the skew is at 90 it would be best to rotate your feed at the dish, till you get 55/-30 something like that, they should be 90 degrees apart.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)