did abc move from 95w to 99w or did my dish get a stray lobe?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
well, got my answer a bit ago. on cband board there was a link to sathints. hmmmm, looked at sathints for 99w and there was abc there already but i didn't get it on a blind scan until the last scan. so went to sathints and looked at at ses1. i see cbs with other channels on a transponder that is not listed on my ses1 scan. input the transponder and lo and behold, now i got another cbs channel i can watch. i think it is from the virgin islands. will see if it is real cbs... either i am a slow learner or there is a lotta knowledge to learn. at least i finally got my 7.5' on a solid post and can go from 55w to 137w with a good signal. the only thing i have to figure out now is why my actuator can change direction a hair depending upon which direction i come from going to 97w. al jazeera is my test channel. i want to go from 55w to 97w to 135w and then to 97w without needing extra counts. i can multiple scan if i set up the satellites in order from 55w to 137w. that is the way the solomend scans in order. i do have the c band satellites working from either direction but the k band are a little tighter. charlie

Slack in the actuator tube or the mounting hardware at the dish-attachment points will cause inaccurate stops as the dish travels, mine does it sometimes. And yes I discovered some ABC channels on 99w the other day, that I didnt know about. Don't know how long they've been there, I'm sure there's lots of things on c-band I still haven't found yet, too. Those Virgin Island feeds have been there quite a while though.

so checking out ses1, daystar scans in but is a lot of square blocks on the screen. thought it was transponder was wrong. i had 3771 and sathint said 3773 so deleted channel, deleted transponder, added transponder with 3773 v 4442 and rescanned. same thing with the blocks on the screen but audio is good. is there something in the signal that i can't get? or is it scrambled so to speak? i thought daystar was a clear channel. guess i got a lot of questions tonight. charlie

Daystar has been at that location in the arc for over 10 years and is using 4:2:2 colorspace which shows up as blocks in the picture or a blank screen if your receiver doesn't do 4:2:2, which most don't.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)