Did Dish fix their OTA Dual Tuner overheating problems?

Actually it will, for a period of time. When ATSC 3.0 takes effect those stations that elect to use it must maintain a second signal with ATSC 1 along with ATSC 3.0. for at least 5 years.

What I meant was, the current adapters will NOT tune a 3.0 station, which is correct.

Last edited:
Recall that I don't sub to locals via satellite. But thanks to y'all, I was able to turn on PTAT (which doesn't work to record all the satellite locals at once since I have none) but does enable autohop. All my copies of the Orville now allow autohop, including those recorded before I turned on PTAT! I was playing around with the 2-hr Timeless wrapup last night, and it too has autohop enabled. :) How about that? It's retroactive.

Last edited:
Recall that I don't sub to locals via satellite. But thanks to y'all, I was able to turn on PTAT (which doesn't work to record all the satellite locals at once since I have none) but does enable autohop. All my copies of the Orville now allow autohop, including those recorded before I turned on PTAT! I was playing around with the 2-hr Timeless wrapup last night, and it too has autohop enabled. :) How about that? It's retroactive.
Sure that the time machine wasn’t involved?:yes

Hi, I am looking for the Dish OTA Dual Tuner and wondering if Dish has fixed the overheating problems and premature failure problems of these tuners. If there is a new version that fixed these problems? If they have a new version how do you identify it and what is the part number?

Thanks
I was wondering about this OTA adapter. Mine is red hot and my channels go out. I am pissed that an antenna that they installed now I have to pay for a new adapter cause they updated the hopper 3 software? Is there any class action litigation going on pertaining to this? I'm sick of losing local channel due to contract negotiations is the reason I had this installed to begin with.

The single tuner has always run hot. They didn’t update the software to make it run hotter.

One of the reasons they stopped selling the single tuner was because of this issue.

They did add software support for the new dual tuner OTA adapter which runs much cooler.

Both tuners were made by other companies and not by dish.

I am very happy with the new dual tuner adapter, it runs great for me and I gain another tuner, giving me 18 tuners to record from. Your not going to find that anyplace else.

Sent from my iPhone using the SatelliteGuys app!

Have to agree with Scott. The AirTV dual tuner adapter works great and is a great value. I have two of them.
I have a friend that work for dish. He said back awhile a ago dish was able to turn off all dvr and regular receivers from using a external hard. Unless you paid a certain fee you could use a certain external hard. He said a code would be added on the account so they can do this.

I have a friend that work for dish. He said back awhile a ago dish was able to turn off all dvr and regular receivers from using a external hard. Unless you paid a certain fee you could use a certain external hard. He said a code would be added on the account so they can do this.

Been that way for years. EHD fee is $40.

The $40 fee is only if you want to add an EHD to a regular receiver like a 211K or a Wally. With real DVR's like Hoppers there is no one time DVR fee, it's all included in the monthly receiver fee including adding EHD's.

I have an AirTV and DISH dual, they both run hot but not excessively so. I assume there's an issue where electricity is being inefficiently converted into heat. Comments on Amazon are that some folks have to use a fan for cooling.

I have used a EHD ever since they have been available. The only one I had to pay a fee for was the one time per account $40 fee for my old 211/211k. Never been a fee on any of my DVR receivers for EHD.