Did Dish fix their OTA Dual Tuner overheating problems?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
I have a friend that work for dish. He said back awhile a ago dish was able to turn off all dvr and regular receivers from using a external hard. Unless you paid a certain fee you could use a certain external hard. He said a code would be added on the account so they can do this.
As posted above, this is moot and has nothing to do with OTA tuners.

Coming in late on this thread. Both OTA adapters from DISH sucks. Tried them both and ended up leaving the AIRTV one connected. Can someone explain to me why one UHF digital channel (ABC affiliate) can’t give a stable signal on the H3 while ALL others are rock solid 100%? My TABLO QUAD with a split signal going into it and then split between 4 tuners poses no problems 24/7. Frustrated with DISH OTA solution. I have been texting the stations Chief Engineer for the last 5 months who insists the signal has no problems. Full of it in my opinion. DISH, please offer a Hopper 4 with BUILT IN tuner capability and ditch the USB product.

Sent from my iPhone using the SatelliteGuys app!

Reactions: MikeD-C05
It would make no sense to incur the expense of OTA circuitry in every box when not everyone uses OTA with a Hopper.

Also, ATSC 3 AKA Nexgen TV is rolling out this year. Cheaper to offer USB ATSC 3 OTA tuners in a year or two. ATSC 3 will be more widespread, and the circuitry will be cheaper.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Have to agree with Scott. The AirTV dual tuner adapter works great and is a great value. I have two of them.

I also agree with Scott. I have two AirTV dual tuner adapter connected to each of my 2 Hopper3 receivers. Unlike the single tuner adapter made by Hauppauge which ran very hot and had problems when watched on a Joey receiver, the new dual AirTV tuner runs cool and has no problems. I receive 48 channels.

Occasionally I have problems receiving the low power stations in Columbus Ohio. But my Amazon Fire TV Recast and my Sony TV’s also have problems receiving the Columbus low power stations at times. The weather conditions affect the signal strength for the low power stations.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

I also agree with Scott. I have two AirTV dual tuner adapter connected to each of my 2 Hopper3 receivers. Unlike the single tuner adapter made by Hauppauge which ran very hot and had problems when watched on a Joey receiver, the new dual AirTV tuner runs cool and has no problems. I receive 48 channels.

Occasionally I have problems receiving the low power stations in Columbus Ohio. But my Amazon Fire TV Recast and my Sony TV’s also have problems receiving the Columbus low power stations at times. The weather conditions affect the signal strength for the low power stations.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys
Where did you buy the AirTV dual tuner adapter and 2nd Hopper3?

While on the subject, has anyone actually taken the Dual Tuner OTA (Part Number 21323) as pictured below apart? If so, how does one open it without causing marks and other things as I noticed the single OTA tuner has a screw but the Dual OTA Tuner doesn't.

1683372217506.png

Reactions: charlesrshell
I just had a bunch of the older ThermalTake adjustable USB Fans that I use to cool specific spaces. But Thermaltake no longer supplies them. But these serve the same purpose and are also speed controllable.

And pretty cheap too, I use a couple to cool the back of the Hopper, the OTA adapter and a larger one for my Denon AVR.

Amazon product ASIN B098LBSW23
View: https://www.amazon.com/SCCCF-Compact-Aquarium-Raspberry-Ventilation/dp/B098LBSW23 View attachment 162041

I have had a small similar fan on my VIP receivers for years, and they have lasted years and years. I started doing it back time with the 508 receiver.