Did I get this setup right?

bertbarndoor

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 14, 2006
Just wondering if I got this setup correct?

Attachments

• dish_diagram.jpg
    dish_diagram.jpg
    28 KB · Views: 261
Nope...

A DP34 does not work with a Dishpro plus seperator.

With a DP34 you would need to run two wires from the switch to the 622.

If you only want to run 1 cable to the receiver and use the seperator you need to use a DPP44 switch.

Scott Greczkowski said:
Nope...

A DP34 does not work with a Dishpro plus seperator.

With a DP34 you would need to run two wires from the switch to the 622.

If you only want to run 1 cable to the receiver and use the seperator you need to use a DPP44 switch.

Hmm, so basically my decision is to A) either spend around $200 on the DPP44 or, B) just spend about $75 on the DP34 and have to run a second line--pain in the ass.

boba said:
How many receivers are you planning on finally ordering? A DPP Twin will run 2 receivers (4 tuners).

Ideally, I'd just like the 622 to run both TVs. I would probably try and ?backfeed? the 622 in my living room up to my tv upstairs through the coax out(home distrinution). I described my ideal system/current setup in another thread.
-Rob

Just feed the DPP Twin with the DP Dual from 61.5 and run one cable to the DP Separator at the 622. In your diagram you say you have a DPP Twin so just eliminate the switch and run directly to the separator and you're done. You will even have an extra port for a second receiver.

Yep as RandallA said ( long time no see ) drop the dp34, run the 61.5 line to the input on the dpptwin and the line out of the twin goes to the seperator and your golden, sell the switch on ebay or in the paper or save it for a later time if you come up with another project.

Van said:
Yep as RandallA said ( long time no see ) drop the dp34, run the 61.5 line to the input on the dpptwin and the line out of the twin goes to the seperator and your golden, sell the switch on ebay or in the paper or save it for a later time if you come up with another project.

Hmm, there are three connections to the DPP LNB. One is the input for the 61.5, I understand that. The other two are outputs. I assumed that the other two worked like regular LNBs in that you would need both of them going to a dual receiver. Are you saying that only one of the outputs needs to go to the 622 and then the seperator can be used? As in my attached revised setup? Presumably if this were the case, I could run the second output to ANOTHER 622 somewhere else in my house with another seperator and have dual tuner functionality in two rooms?!

Attachments

• dish_diagram2.jpg
    dish_diagram2.jpg
    23.8 KB · Views: 222
bertbarndoor said:
Hmm, there are three connections to the DPP LNB. One is the input for the 61.5, I understand that. The other two are outputs. I assumed that the other two worked like regular LNBs in that you would need both of them going to a dual receiver. Are you saying that only one of the outputs needs to go to the 622 and then the seperator can be used? As in my attached revised setup? Presumably if this were the case, I could run the second output to ANOTHER 622 somewhere else in my house with another seperator and have dual tuner functionality in two rooms?!

yes w/ DishPro PLUS works like a DPP44 for 2 tvs.... so you could have a setup like this if you really felt like it...

Attachments

• setup.JPG
    setup.JPG
    34.2 KB · Views: 237
sA :: Shaggy said:
yes w/ DishPro PLUS works like a DPP44 for 2 tvs.... so you could have a setup like this if you really felt like it...

Wiked! :D Cool, thanks very much! Way to "add-on" to my schematic!!! :cool: :up

-Rob

Also, with Shaggy's drawing, you could have the modulated outputs of both 622's feeding a single home distribution system. Just modulate all 4 TV Outputs to a different channel, then any TV in you home would have access to each of the 4 TV Outputs.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts