Did I miss something Turbo HD not On Site

FinalMacGyver

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Feb 2, 2009
Ohio
So I went to upgrade my turbo hd bronze to silver or gold this morning and it is off the website. Can I no longer do this? If so what is the next best programing option with hd for around $40 to $50. Help Please :confused::confused::confused::confused:

So I went to upgrade my turbo hd bronze to silver or gold this morning and it is off the website. Can I no longer do this? If so what is the next best programing option with hd for around $40 to $50. Help Please :confused::confused::confused::confused:
It has been removed from website in that they are no longer wanting to sell. It is, however, still available. You have to call and ask for it.

What you missed was a month-long thread with hundreds of posts panicing about the change in programming packages on August 1. :) But that's okay. The the post above sums it up nicely. :)

See ya
Tony

I logged into my account on august 1st, the first day of the changes and was upset to see the other Turbo choices were not listed in the primary package block. I wanted to downgrade from Gold to Silver. At the same time I had just completed my HBO/Starz free preview. I was also wanted to pick HBO back up to catch the second season of TRUEBLOOD. As luck would have it I had recieved one of the rewards postcards and called the number on the card. I believe it took me straight to the retention people who not only switched me to Turbo Silver, She set me up with the HBO/Showtime for 3 months, $10 off for 12 months, and a one time $15 credit. So in answer to your quetion, I'm sure it can be done, but not online, unless you do a online chat. If you do it on the phone, you may have go past the frontline csr to get what you want...maybe not.:mad::rant::)

wow, everyone cries at how bad the turbo packages are. and now when dish decides to start getting rid of them, everyone gets even more upset.

If you want new HD, don't stick with Turbo. Programmers are holding their channels hostage without SD channels made available or other SD-only channels carried.
Well Charlie could have been flexible and given the TurboHD subs a few extra SD channels (like he's already doing with TOONW SD being in TurboHD Silver) or he could had agreed to pay a premium for being able to offer some HD channels without other SD ones (since after all he's charging TurboHD subs a premium -- on a cost per channel basis). So Charlie could have done the right thing, but instead he elected to screw his TurboHD subs! :mad:

its not charlie. its how viacom operates. they need to force as many unpopular channels as possible upon subscribers. the way they do this is by requiring them to be purchased along side their best stations. they would rather a customer not have mtv and not have nick at all if they dont want all their channels.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)