Did I screw up a timer by...

heatho

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jan 7, 2004
I had a timer setup on my new 510 (I've had it for less than a week) to record a show last night. I was watching a previously recorded program when the little clock in bottom left corner started flashing. I hit the "stop" button to stop the program I was watching and turned the receiver off. It then didn't turn back on to record the program that I had a timer for. What should I have done? Does watching a recorded show while a timer is set to start mess something up?

I have a 508 and if I'm watching a program when the little clock pops up, I hit "select" and then "OK". It just lets me know its going to record. You can still watch the prerecorded program, the DVR will start recording the correct info. :)

Iceburg is right.

Hit select if you want to see what the timer is.

Or hit cancel and Mr. Blinky goes away without cancelling the timer.

Watching a recorded program will not stop or mess up a timer.

Really?? Wow, I've got more manual reading to do... I didn't realize that I could watch a previously recorded program and record a show at the same time. I supose I shouldn't have hit stop and then turn off the receiver.

whoops

sounds like you stopped the recording :)

The "blinky" clock is the only thing that bugs me when I'm copying something from the HD to the VCR

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)