Did Vicki Get Installed Today (3/18)

Nope, you didn't miss it Doug...just haven't posted it yet. The short answer is...NO. :(

Have had too many fires erupting and re-erupting to remain active on the forum for the past week or so, and have tried to post snippets of updates, as I deemed appropriate. But here's the Cliff Notes version--NOT!-- (but you know it's my best imitation) of where I am now…

I had dropped the ball on 3/7 after Crave Electronics repeated allowing the same mistakes that were made last summer, which caused me to cancel in the first place.

On 3/3, after Crave being unable or unwilling as of their closing time on 3/2 to allow me to talk with an actual installer about my 3/3 AM scheduled installation; then sending someone on 3/3 with no prior call, (who turned out to NOT have all the equipment)… I refused to let the installer do a partial install:mad: :mad: ...and called David at Installs, Inc., based on some advice from TYORK.

David re-scheduled me with a new install company for 3/7. He said they would have the equipment needed and gave me the company phone number. The dispatcher at the new company said she had the order for 3/7 but upgrade info was not there, but she was assigning me her best tech. Asked for and received his name and #, since I explained I wanted to discuss my prior history with him so he would be sure to be well-prepared.

Left a message on the installer’s # on 3/3 around Noon for the installer to call me. He didn’t return my call until about 7PM on 3/8. I was never formally notified by anyone that my 3/7 install was off. :(

On 3/8, when the installer finally returned my call about 7PM, I spent about half an hour on the phone with them, going over all aspects of my prior install, subsequent cancellation, and insistence that this be a "one-call" install this time. He sounds like he knows what he's doing, and wants to do the job right the first time. He said he did not currently have equipment VoOm had approved me for (last summer and again, prior to 3/3), and that his work order (as of 3/8) did not show the upgraded antenna situation. Said he would do some checking and call me back in the next day or two. He never called back.

That's when I dropped the ball…due to other pressing commitments that have kept my head spinning for a few weeks…and also when I dropped out of active monitoring and posting on the forums.

After I started getting a few things in my real life more under control, I had scheduled myself to pick the ball back up and start screaming again on 3/11 AM.

At approximately 9AM on 3/11 (prior to my intended action), I got a call from someone who had intervened last summer, John Wrucks, of Installs, Inc. He assured me that VoOm was shipping the upgraded equipment to the installer that I told him I had talked with (but who had failed to call me back). John rescheduled me for today (3/18 in the PM), saying the installer should have received the equipment in time for this date.

Never heard another word for anyone. Resumed fighting other fires, and scheduled myself to fight all fires from home this PM, in case an install was possible.

No calls, no shows until about 4:15 PM today. The installer I spoke with on 3/8 called and said he has in his possession a large Winegard antenna with pre-amp and a 24” dish for me. We agreed to have him install it on Tuesday (3/22). He said he would be here between 8AM and 9AM.

Hopefully by Tuesday, all my other fires will be extinguished, and I’ll be able to post as soon as the install is done! :D

If things don't go well on Tuesday, my final attempt will be an email to Wilt at Yahoo. I just haven't wanted to involve him this time yet (although he has an EXCELLENT track record of resolution)...since he's probably been awfully busy fighting other fires of his and VoOm's own...for the past several weeks...since he is a VP in Engineering for VoOm.

(Based on just my own personal and professional fires lately,) I'm thinking of changing my screen name to “Smokey Bear-ess”…Whaddya think? :confused: :eek:

Too many fires...too little time. :( Wish me luck :) , and I’ll post as soon as I’m able. I'm back to other firelines as soon as I post this, and until Tuesday, probably, at the earliest. Hope are a few good things are happening out there…and I hope the trolls have gone back to their caves for a few days! :) Vicki

Vicki....and this is is the short cliff note version??

Oh, now, gutter...you KNOW me, and I SAID it was MY best imitation...I'm just never was very good with Cliff Notes...I never felt like I understood the whole story with them! Just trying to simplify the story for the newbies, since it stretches far back and across many threads! :D

(And for the record...I miss having time to flirt...and Boomer the Beagle misses feeling like someone else lives in this house!) :D Vicki

Vicki,
I am scheduled to get my 24" dish on Monday between 12 and 5pm. If the guy shows, and I am sure he will since he has called and emailed me already, I can give you his contact info. Perhaps he can do your install too?
Not sure how all this works behind the scenes, but this guy seems very reliable so far!

Andrew

Thanks, Andrew, I'd really appreciate that! :D I always appreciate having options for a back-up plan. I currently have high hopes for this install effort, but it would be nice to know another option to consider, as well. Good luck to you on Monday!! :) I'll be thinking about you! Vicki

Vicki - all the indicators look good anyway, so I'll keep my fingers crossed for you on Tuesday. Hopefully the rain will not be a factor that day and since the installer says he has the gear, that's at least 50% of the battle.

Good luck - keep us informed as you have the time.

Doug

One happy little camper here in Rocklin!

My installer showed up at about 10:30 AM, and I'm now happily VoOming on two sets, one HD and one SD. The installer was neat, amiable, had good equipment and knew what he was doing. I allowed him to install the smaller Weingard OTA (which hadn't pulled in any signals last summer), and it is pullling everything in right now (except PBS). The installer said he had problems with PBS on another install Saturday, but it's doing OK over cable. Don't have time to play anymore today, and will worry about PBS later.

From a very brief glance, everything looks pretty good so far. We've had heavy rain this morning from time to time, and expecting thunderstorms this PM. I'll try to run in and check whenever it rains hard, but probably won't have a full report for another couple of days...I gonna have to talk to my boss about how much he's starting to interfere with my leisure time! :D

But wanted to let eyeryone know that things are looking good so far!! Thanks to all for the good vibes they sent my way...I'm pretty sure they helped this time!

Everybody please keep up the good thoughts that we'll continue VoOming for many years to come!! Vicki :)

Sounds great Vicki!! (just make sure you dont have a lot of trees around that are going to fill out with leaves this spring in the way of your OTA antenna)

Yay! Glad everything got worked out (and you got the 24" dish). It's been working well for me overall except for last nights storm (which was strong enough to cause power brownouts at about 1:30am). KVIE-DT is down so it's not just you.

Alright, Vicki, you are a VOOMin!

Vicki said:
My installer showed up at about 10:30 AM, and I'm now happily VoOming on two sets, one HD and one SD. The installer was neat, amiable, had good equipment and knew what he was doing. I allowed him to install the smaller Weingard OTA (which hadn't pulled in any signals last summer), and it is pullling everything in right now (except PBS). The installer said he had problems with PBS on another install Saturday, but it's doing OK over cable. Don't have time to play anymore today, and will worry about PBS later.

From a very brief glance, everything looks pretty good so far. We've had heavy rain this morning from time to time, and expecting thunderstorms this PM. I'll try to run in and check whenever it rains hard, but probably won't have a full report for another couple of days...I gonna have to talk to my boss about how much he's starting to interfere with my leisure time! :D

But wanted to let eyeryone know that things are looking good so far!! Thanks to all for the good vibes they sent my way...I'm pretty sure they helped this time!

Everybody please keep up the good thoughts that we'll continue VoOming for many years to come!! Vicki :)

Haven't been on to post for awhile but did see a few days ago that you were VOOMin. Hope all continues well.

Enjoying HDTV while watching the clouds and rain headed for Seattle, Gill

Thanks, Gill! There is a minor bump in the road, which I'll post about when I have time to spell everything out and ask for trouble-shooting suggestions. If trouble-shooting at this point doesn't work out, I may have to go back to VoOm for a further antenna upgrade. Thought I was approved for a "violet" rating, but got a Winegard HD7210 ("red" rated), plus an inside "amp". Lost two channels from what I got with the Stealth and the Winegard "batwing".

Weird stuff...but pixelization and periodic signal loss has always been my problem, so if I don't get a lot of pixelization and signal drop tonight, I'm gonna try to trouble-shoot all the diplexor and multi-switch and other stuff I don't understand as much. (Fortunately, for me, the two I lost are not ones that I watch very much, anyway...so my patience is in much better shape than usual!)

I wrote down everything I have installed, and my installer drew me a diagram.... I'll be baaaaaaaccccckkkk! :D Vicki :)

Thanks T and richard rd...tonight's my test night, and I'll probably be hollering for help tomorrow or maybe Sunday.

I'm enjoying the heck out of my VoOm...but now Boomer...he could care less...as long as the dinner bucket is full and he has a lap to lay his head in while he snoozes...yeah, a real dog's life! I should be so lucky! :D Vicki

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)