Did we almost lose HDNet & HDNet Movies?

If you are going to be angry and frightened about things that did not happen, you should pick things of a little more importance:

- British crushing colonist revolt in 1776

- Nazi takeover of the world in 1945

- World War III in October 1962

Oooooh! Alternate Time Lines!

How would things be right now if the DOJ/FCC approved the E* takeover of D* earlier this decade?

If they dropped that and didn't do something about that "EXTRA HD" pack.. they'd have some majorly pissed people..

They already do have some majorly pissed people by not giving us a meaningful substitute for Voom.

Just got word from a spokesperson at HDNet that an agreement for continued coverage of the HDNet channel on Dish Network has been reached.

Man imagine if I wasnt sick this weekend and would have posted the alert news when I got it... imagine the complaints then. :)

Good news, bad news I can only report what I am hearing.
Good to hear. I would have been super mad if I had lost Torchwood in HD. :eek:

As a Hockey fan if HDNET leaves so am I. I subscribe to Center Ice but HDNET gives may several more games in HD. I just replaced my 625 with a 722 yesterday to go with the 622 I have but I am willing to pay to cancel my contract if needed. We still need the voom channels back in the lineup also.

As far as programming disputes go, Dish may or may not be the leader, but companies like Comcast and Time-Warner are certainly in the team picture. And now that Directv is owned by Liberty, don't expect them to be as free spending as they have been in the past. For the first time in a while, there are actually Channels that Dish carries in HD that Directv does not. And Neither one of them has ESPN-U HD.

As far as the TIVO suit goes, there MIGHT be a payout soon, but I doubt it. More important, most, if not all, of that money is sitting in Escrow. Courts won't let you appeal a decision like that without setting up the ability to pay off if you lose, either through cash in an Escrow account or through a Bond.

The MOTHER OF ALL PROGRAMMING DISPUTES should come up at the end of the year, when the renewal to carry Fox local stations comes up.

Where are the savings. I don't see that Dish is a penny cheaper than Direct, but every two months Charlie cuts some channels off to save us money. Wher is the money at Charlie.

"the networks refused to negotiate a fair and reasonable price that fairly reflected the channels’ overall ratings, performance, and value for continued carriage."

It's like a broken record over at Dish. I've been seriously considering going back with Dish. But, this kinda ship makes me have second thoughts.

All I can say is that Dish no longer has any room to drop channels. The next time dish drops any programs they can expect a whole lot of turn and maybe a big bye bye to Dish.

Can you imagine how much more useless HD "Platinum" would have become? I dropped it for a couple months in protest, wound up picking it back up because they were offering it free for 3 months and I missed HDNet Movies.

It's already a joke at $10 a month...without HDNet Movies, it would be a slap in the face.

Can you imagine how much more useless HD "Platinum" would have become? I dropped it for a couple months in protest, wound up picking it back up because they were offering it free for 3 months and I missed HDNet Movies.

It's already a joke at $10 a month...without HDNet Movies, it would be a slap in the face.
I agree, as much as I always try not to have the extra $10 pack it seems to always end up back on my package.

For the first time in a while, there are actually Channels that Dish carries in HD that Directv does not.

First time in a while?

Dish has had HD channels that DirecTV did not for as long as I've had HD. You gotta go back years. Actually, I'm not sure if there was EVER a time that DISH didn't have HD channels that DirecTV did not. Maybe during that time when the HD pack was like 5 channels. I know DirecTV had Bravo HD/Universal for a while when DISH didn't, but it seems like DISH had something else that DirecTV didn't...can't remember what.

This BS has got to stop. First we lose VOOM then we come close to losing the HDNet channels - what's next? I'll be thinking real hard about DirecTv when my contract runs out.

Its certainly a subject of concern. Maybe some aren't bothered , but a lot are! Remember gaining on 35,000 customers in the first Quarter, then losing 25,000 the next, shows people are tired of the nonsence. Maybe E* is making money as some would say , But they are losing it as well by not grabbing more of the market. D* adding over 100,000 in the USA alone is at least 90,000 customer E* didn't get.

From 2004 to 2007 Dish was miles ahead of everybody on HD. Now DirecTv has the lead in a minor way. Can they keep it? Let the race continue.

fitzie

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)