Did you get any FTA stuff for Christmas?

• Yes I did

Votes: 9 22.5%
  • No I didn't

Votes: 11 27.5%
  • No I didn't...but will be spending some of x-mas money to get stuff

Votes: 10 25.0%
  • Bought stuff before Christmas (the old to me from me present)

Votes: 10 25.0%

• Total voters
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Mr Tony

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Nov 17, 2003
Mankato, MN
Well, now that Christmas is almost done, lets ask the question

I did the "I bought it before Christmas"

Ordered me a Pansat 6000 receiver....should arrive in the next couple days :)

Iceberg said:

Oh Boy....NICE one with the Hard Disk too I presume!!!

I bought myself a ton of stuff as you already Know and the Birdog Tuning meter my Girlfriend ordered for me has not arrived yet! I really have been using a compass and $10 cheapo meter all these years, But I can't wait to get my hands on that one! Looks like a tweaker's dream!

next on my list is a 36" Winegard if I can find one...so far it will be the 31 Inch, since they are readily available, with the motor and Invacom.3 LNB you were good enough to review.....about $180 delivered from a well rated Ebay Dealer! <I really hate roofs >but my BUD has the only good position in the yard and I have to get above it maintaining approx the same look position to the sky!!! Getting too old for this kind of SH**

The weather is turning bad this week in Reno, so I will probably order it while I am in the mood and then have to wait for it to become nice for a day or 2 before installing! I have tuned in far too many stations now on the FTA and have to do some editing! G10R had about 34 alone!

Let us know (I am sure you will) how you like the new receiver!!!

Merry Xnas etc
Jeff

I bought before Christmas. Got one of those Patriot h to h motors from Mike. Now I've got to get some welding done to get it mounted to a 5' spun dish. Hope to improve my ku and experiment with mini C-band. Besides, with my current set-up, I can't get any C-band east of AMC9.

Al

Sorta- My mother in law asked the wife what I wanted for Christmas and my wife told her that she had no clue but there were lots of numbers and letters involved. (ie: .3dB LNB)

So this year she skipped the traditonal shirt and put 50 bucks in an envelope with a note to get what I wanted... Sounds like FTA money to me. ;-)

I broke down and ordered my Manhattan ST550 receiver with the built-in 36 VDC positioner. Had to order from across the pond so it'll probably be here towards the first of the year. Will do a review of it when I receive it.

rayydio said:
I broke down and ordered my Manhattan ST550 receiver with the built-in 36 VDC positioner. Had to order from across the pond so it'll probably be here towards the first of the year. Will do a review of it when I receive it.
I seen one of those while searching the internet. That thing looks bad ass.

did not really get fta parts, but did get stuff to help my pci card out. got another 512mb of ram and a new sound card.

I didn't get any fta stuff either, but plan on buying soon. The stuff fta on C-band is getting old.

My extremely wonderful wife bought me a SG2100 motor. Now I'll be able to move the dish without going outside!

I traded my Pansat 3500s for a DSR922. I concider it my Christmas present to myself. I ordered a remote for the 922 - that'll cover my birthay :).

I'm still concidering my options for a replacement for the Pansat. The Coolsat 5000 is looking good ;).

Shawn

Shawn95GT said:
I traded my Pansat 3500s for a DSR922. I concider it my Christmas present to myself. I ordered a remote for the 922 - that'll cover my birthay :).

I'm still concidering my options for a replacement for the Pansat. The Coolsat 5000 is looking good ;).

Shawn

It looks as though we lost Shawn to "the dark side" (C-Band, 4DTV)! Hopefully we'll get him back soon.

I didn't get any FTA stuff for Christmas. I am waiting for my income tax check to come. I will need to pay someone to install it. In order to get over my neighbor's house I will have to put it at the peak of the roof.

rayydio said:
It looks as though we lost Shawn to "the dark side" (C-Band, 4DTV)! Hopefully we'll get him back soon.
I'll be back. Ever since I put the 5' dish up, my FTA setup has never been quite right. I miss the wild news feeds especially. C-band DVB was an eye opener. I wouldn't feel quite right to leave that out of the loop now. Now I've got the 4DTV steering things for the C-band side and when I get a new DVB box I'm going to get that 26x36 dish on th eSG2100 back into action for the bulk of Ku. I think it'll be the best of both worlds. My next order of business is to figure out how to make my 8' dish work / look nice in my back yard :).

Shawn

Shawn95GT said:
I'll be back. Ever since I put the 5' dish up, my FTA setup has never been quite right. I miss the wild news feeds especially. C-band DVB was an eye opener. I wouldn't feel quite right to leave that out of the loop now. Now I've got the 4DTV steering things for the C-band side and when I get a new DVB box I'm going to get that 26x36 dish on th eSG2100 back into action for the bulk of Ku. I think it'll be the best of both worlds. My next order of business is to figure out how to make my 8' dish work / look nice in my back yard :).
Shawn

Oh yeah....I get plenty of compliments on my 8 ft mushroom
<NOT !>.

I then have a good laugh when I see the neighbor's poor PQ on the Pizza Pan <even HD is not that great which is surprising>...they stop laughing when they see the digital PQ on the BUD 4DTV! <and now the FTA on the BUD!> Heck one of the neighbors just disconnected his little dish service...trying to introduce him to FTA!

jeff

I always wait till new year and take myself shopping at cut throat prices.
But that Manhattan ST550 receiver Ice mentioned has me drooling.
I'm gonna go take a look see now.

Iceberg said:

Well, I ordered a Coolsat 5000 Premium - first and foremost for my wife: she will be able listen to our native country's main radio channel she used to work for but we can also watch a similar TV channel as well - but despite the overnight charge it didn't make it here in time (by 24th midnight, not even on Sunday)... :(

I'm still looking forward to have my first FTA setup, I guess it's going to be fun to watch all kind of int'l channels... :)

PS: I picked the first choice, I'm not sure that's what applies to me...

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts