Did you or a relative have C-Band

• Yes

Votes: 40 75.5%
  • No

Votes: 13 24.5%

• Total voters
Status
Please reply by conversation.
my dad and brother started out with c band then when i moved back to kentucky i went to c band no local channel reception. started with a 10 ft alum. dish bought used with a old drake receiver and seperate positioner box. upgraded to a undien 4600 ird and 8.5 ft orbitron dish 10 years ago still working fine.:)

C band dishes

Used to have a busines and install them.
Had everysize from 4 ft spun al, 5 ft KTI, 5 ft wingard, 7.5, and 10. Not any more. Still have the Uniden 4400 with videocipher. Also have an old Pansat analog tuner for C and KU band. Tuning/fine tuning with knobs. Still works. I remember in the early 90's watching all the college and pro games before the packages came out. Those were the days.

I too installed & did C-Band Repairs for in my area as a part time business. I was taught in 1982 by the person who installed my first 9.5 foot dish. My first receiver was a Luxor that drifted like mad My neighbor is a truck driver who picked up actuator arms at Hammerblow manufacturing, they gave him a bunch of arms that were defects and we made a couple of good arms from them. I hand made control boxes for them so we could move our dish because going out in the cold and handcranking the dish yelling back to the wife, in the cold, got old in a hurry.
I have worked on just about every C band receiver in the US market at one time or the other. I eventually bought a 12 footer that I still have with a 922 4DTV receiver and I have collected 6 other usable dishes that I am looking for a home for. I even have a NEW in the box Orbitron dish I need to sell.
I picked up a FTA receiver several years ago when the NASCAR feeds moved to MPEG but it wasn't long after that they encryped the races to MPEG4 :hatsoff:

BryanSR

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)