Did your CBS channel cancel tonite's movie?

retiredTech

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Nov 15, 2003
Missouri
St Louis CBS KMOV 4 was supposed to show the movie "GOOD NIGHT, AND GOOD LUCK" but is showing the exact same football game as St Louis NBC.
Is any other CBS showing the movie or did CBS chicken out?
And I have never seen CBS & NBC networks show the same game.
What's up with that?

Simulcast because Washington DC Lawmakers and others pitched a b***** about the game being ONLY on the NFL Network, and NFLN not being available to others.

see some of the articles in the MCN section here.

CBS in all Markets is showing the game, The movie will be shown later.

The reason Cbs and NBC are showing the game is because of the Cable co's fight with NFL network. I have Dish Network:D:D So no crying about not having NFl network. All the people with lousy cable cry about not having NFL network every week.

St Louis CBS KMOV 4 was supposed to show the movie "GOOD NIGHT, AND GOOD LUCK" but is showing the exact same football game as St Louis NBC.
Is any other CBS showing the movie or did CBS chicken out?
And I have never seen CBS & NBC networks show the same game.
What's up with that?

Watch much sports, do ya?

Watch much sports, do ya?

I saw the title to this post and thought "What planet does is this guy on?" Ok its not mentioned in this thread in much detail but basically, the New England Patriots were 15-0 before tonight and a win tonight against the New York Giants would make them 16-0 and undefeated throughout the regular season. Obviously, a historic moment in NFL history (this has only happened once before, the Miami Dolphins went 14-0 in 1972) Anyway, the game was scheduled to be on the NFL network, which both D* and E* have but many large cable companies do not. (NFL and cable companies have been endlessly bickering over money and the placement of this channel in their lineup for years now.) Anyway, the NFL made a deal to play the game on CBS and NBC along with the NFL network so a vast majority of NFL fans would be able to watch the historic game.

The NFL said they did it for the fans, but many fans believe that the NFL had to cave or face extremely bad publicity. Many NFL fans believe the NFL is at fault for the channel not being available on cable.

Now I'm really confused if there was a problem with the game not being able to be seen by everybody (those who don't have NFL Network), then why both NBC and CBS? Doesn't everyone have a NBC affiliate? or everyone have a CBS affilate? To confuse me even further in the NY DMA it was shown on the MY Network affiliate (MY 9 WWOR) which is not owned by either NBC or CBS, but FOX.

I still think it's amazing that politians can get a meaningless (in terms of the playoffs) football game on 2 networks in a week, yet they can't make a decision on something like XM SIRIUS merger in over a year. What a joke.

matskralc said:
I think they're just a bunch of two-faced hypocrites for trying to ram NFLN down everyone's throats, but not letting us all have access to Sunday Ticket.
Uh, completely different issues.

That would be like complaining the NFL is hypocritical because only Joe Buck will be calling the Super Bowl this year, when I want to hear Al Michaels.

Now I'm really confused if there was a problem with the game not being able to be seen by everybody (those who don't have NFL Network), then why both NBC and CBS? Doesn't everyone have a NBC affiliate? or everyone have a CBS affilate? To confuse me even further in the NY DMA it was shown on the MY Network affiliate (MY 9 WWOR) which is not owned by either NBC or CBS, but FOX.

Read the news much? WWOR has the contract with the NFL to carry cable only home team OTA. That's ESPN and the NFL network for the Jets and Giants. Since it's a weekend night game NBC has the option to pick it up and because the Pats are the visiting team CBS has the rights to broadcast the game, so the NFL made it available to both, expecting one to turn it down, but they both figured they didn't have anything better viewers wanted to see. Just plain ole sports geek speak.:D

Sorry Super dave but this was a one time only transaction. Yes WWOR bought the local rights. after that though the NFL decided that it was to their advantage to offer the game on network TV aand did so. CBS and NBC would not otherwise be entitled to it because of their exiting NFL packages.

I know this was a one time only transaction, WWOR had the rights to start with as well as a Boston station. The CBS and NBC thing was just for this game with Congress ruffling feathers, making it available to the rest of the country. My explanation on why it was on both CBS and NBC was the process involved in their decisions. FOX was pissed they couldn't show it.

I was explaining Jersey Guys particular situation.

the New England Patriots were 15-0 before tonight and a win tonight against the New York Giants would make them 16-0 and undefeated throughout the regular season. Obviously, a historic moment in NFL history (this has only happened once before, the Miami Dolphins went 14-0 in 1972)

Um, actually this has happened 3 times before. The Chicago Bears also had two undefeated regular seasons (prior to SuperBowl days). :)

I realized that after I posted, I was hoping no one would notice! Should have realized someone would correct me! I know I would have if the situation was reversed!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)