dielectric plate question

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

putney

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 12, 2009
St Louis, missouri
Since adding a C/Ku Lnbf to my BUD, I have a BSC421 laying around. I thought I would go for some circular Cband on 40.5ºw but I can't seem to find the dielectric plate that came with my 421.

I thought about making one out of plexi and wrapping it with foil tape. Will this work?

Thanks

Doctorofsat device

I thought about making one out of plexi and wrapping it with foil tape. Will this work?

Thanks

Doctorofsat posted a device he made that is claimed to yield a better circular signal then the fiberglas slug that comes with the lnbf. Suggest you Google him to find details.

Robby over at WSI/Galaxy in Atlanta, offers the slab to fit the DMSI LNBF
See if it'll fit yours.
Phone him up and ask; I'm sure he does have the one to fit yours!

tip: I usually pick several other items to order, to spread my shipping out so it's less per item.
AND, he may still have the SatGuy's discount, too! :cool:

Thanks !

Hey! As it turns out, the plate for the 741 fit my 421. My question is, which way does it set in the LNBF. There are 'slots' for the plate, but neither align horizontally.

So is it pic 1, or pic 2 ?

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    34 KB · Views: 247
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    19.2 KB · Views: 211
we need to see pics showing the LNB so the square box outide the box can be seeying. Usually if you see the lnb by the back and the square box is facing down the dielectrac should be in a Horizontal position ( left to right)

I have the GeoSat Pro2 LNBF with those same grooves in it. I have put the plate into those grooves and gotten all but 2 or 3 transponders on NSS 806 with five and a half foot dish. I may have to try it the other way and see it that improves the signals.

Sorry if this was mentioned above, but . . .

The plate is inserted at a 45° angle to the probes you see down the throat of the LNBF.
One way, 12v which would have been Vertical, will become Right hand polarity.
With the slab inserted the other way, or 90° to the first way, then Vertical will be Left hand polarity.

The trick to remember is: RV (or Right = Vertical)
Most of us can remember Recreational Vehicle with a 12 volt battery ... - :rolleyes:

So, if you insert your slab the wrong way , your R&L will just be reversed. :cool:

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts